News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Unlimited confederate (or any other) war memorial

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 07, 2015, 11:05:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Should Confederate Memorials stay or go?

Keep them.
18 (69.2%)
Good riddance
8 (30.8%)

Total Members Voted: 25

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: driver on August 23, 2017, 22:33:15 PM
That Antifa guy on the car in the Durham video works with my wife.

This guy ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutfanatic

Quote from: driver on August 23, 2017, 22:33:15 PM
That Antifa guy on the car in the Durham video works with my wife.

His gun was a piece of shit.

Yallerhammer

Fuck a bunch of idiots that espouse diversity and equality, but are too stupid to see the irony of them discriminating against an Asian guy because of his name.

My question: when all the statues are gone and our history is cleansed, what comes nest on the list that has to disappear to appease the "activists?"
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

troutfanatic

I think you are overly concerned. This is all a game. This shit has popped up a year before every midterm and presidential election in recent history.

~2010- tea (bag) party

~2012- Occutards

~2014- BLM

I'm more concerned that the douchenugget in the video has a plastic bitch gun. AK47s are garbage. They just look cool if you are a Che wannabe.

Now if he had a man's gun like an M1 Garand or an M14, I'd be like... damn ANTIFA, you got your shit wired tight.    b';

Onslow

I'm all for diversity if it involves interracial lust/sex.  Sing it Marty, lol.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 24, 2017, 17:11:23 PM
...... what comes next on the list that has to disappear to appease the "activists?"

Who knows or really cares?  Activism has shaped our history, and remains everlasting.   Plus we're tribal and perhaps we need a tribe. 

https://behumanproject.net/why-are-we-tribal/

http://www.newsweek.com/biologist-eo-wilson-why-humans-ants-need-tribe-64005
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutfanatic

Quote from: Onslow on August 24, 2017, 19:44:10 PM
I'm all for diversity if it involves interracial lust/sex.  Sing it Marty, lol.

Marty was kinda pretentious. Bobby did it better. I'm sure he got all kinds of strange ass.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

troutfanatic

Let them get more ridiculous as time goes by. Less people will take them serious. There is a statue on Fort Bragg of a WW2 paratrooper, called Iron  Mike. It is a tribute to WW2 airborne forces. During the war years, the majority of paratroopers were Caucasian and Hispanic . There was only one small battalion of Africans.  The African unit saw no combat, and the Armed Forces were not desegregated until 1948. Therefore, in the warped mentality driving these protests, the statue is racist.
I'd enjoy anti fash protest at Fort Bragg.

Aka

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on August 24, 2017, 20:40:52 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on August 24, 2017, 17:11:23 PM
...... what comes next on the list that has to disappear to appease the "activists?"

Who knows or really cares?  Activism has shaped our history, and remains everlasting.   Plus we're tribal and perhaps we need a tribe. 

https://behumanproject.net/why-are-we-tribal/

http://www.newsweek.com/biologist-eo-wilson-why-humans-ants-need-tribe-64005

Not only, as the great Muddy one says, has activism shaped our history (before his famous midnight ride Paul Revere was involved in various other forms of activism) it is a valuable and necessary function of democracy.

The right to petition government to redress grievances and protest in the public square is fundamental to a free people. I'm actually kind of pissed off that there are adults in this country that either don't know this or worse, don't accept it as true. That there are people in both those camps is a great indicator that we live with some dumb motherfuckers and there is a real possibility that we may one day see a true authoritarian style government take hold because of it.

99% of those protesting the monuments are peaceful and do so within the constraints of the law. But the media focuses on the tiny minority that are there to start trouble and yet all the great thinkers on this board that cry about fake news when it doesn't fit their narrative run with that as if it's the whole story.

Personally I think the monuments are funny, who puts up monuments to a bunch of losers?  I wouldn't have ever thought much more about them but I know a lot of people do, people that are meant to be diminished by them. I would hate to be in their shoes when their child asks who the guy on the horse in front of the court house or capital building is and have to explain that was one of the people that lived his life trying to keep your great, great grandparents slaves.

rbphoto

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Woolly Bugger

Idiot

Man charged with inciting a riot after social media post involving Alamance County Historic Courthouse
http://via.wghp.com/xuJUa

me -There's a season?

jwgnc

What will be the new name of Fort Bragg?

Braxton Bragg was a senior officer of the Confederate States Army.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

troutfanatic

Quote from: jwgnc on August 25, 2017, 17:16:08 PM
What will be the new name of Fort Bragg?

Braxton Bragg was a senior officer of the Confederate States Army.

Jay,
I'm proposing they rename it after Al.

BRFFF

Protesters knock down Silent Sam statue on UNC campushttp://via.wghp.com/KHJZR