News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

It's about time

Started by Michael Toris, June 26, 2015, 15:45:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: tw5270 on June 26, 2015, 21:25:16 PM
Bottom line is Marriage is a religious constitution. The Government should have nothing to do with it. If your church says it's cool then get married. There should be no fucking laws about either way.
I am and always have been supportive of the right for anyone who wants to get married.

Not a sheep. Not a wolf.

So if we are excluding animals like sheep and goats I guess that leaves Muslims out? Oh my, I have insulted queers, naggers, and muslims in the same thread. I'll never get elected now :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

TylerDurden

Might as well go for the slam and insult the handicapped
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

tw5270

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 26, 2015, 21:55:41 PM
Quote from: tw5270 on June 26, 2015, 21:25:16 PM
Bottom line is Marriage is a religious constitution. The Government should have nothing to do with it. If your church says it's cool then get married. There should be no fucking laws about either way.
I am and always have been supportive of the right for anyone who wants to get married.

Not a sheep. Not a wolf.

So if we are excluding animals like sheep and goats I guess that leaves Muslims out? Oh my, I have insulted queers, naggers, and muslims in the same thread. I'll never get elected now :P

Nah, leave all the animals in the mix. I don't care if they marry a pig.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: TylerDurden on June 26, 2015, 21:57:28 PM
Might as well go for the slam and insult the handicapped

OH NO! The handicapped can't help it. The others make conscious decisions about their behavior that make me dislike them.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

TylerDurden

Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 26, 2015, 22:02:34 PM
OH NO! The handicapped can't help it. The others make conscious decisions about their behavior that make me dislike them.

Sorry I can't resist.  YOU OBLIVIOUS YOKEL! 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Religion. Faith. Government. Peers. Internet. Facebook. Television. Law.

Does anyone think for themselves these days? Any ability to come to a conclusion using one's own brain and morals? Does one require a god, preacher, government official, friend, online or television personality, or law man to be used as a guide book on what decisions to make and what opinions to form? Do people pray and see what others are doing when they wipe their asses?

It's either adhere or be odd or offensive. Fuck em. Do what you do.

benben reincarnated

TylerDurden

what a time to be alive

benben reincarnated

I'm sure many folks are rolling over in their graves.  Times are changing, is what it is. 

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on June 26, 2015, 22:10:29 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on June 26, 2015, 22:02:34 PM

Sorry I can't resist.  YOU OBLIVIOUS YOKEL! 

I don't know how to take that. Don't really matter, you aren't going to change and neither am I.
― Charles Bukowski

bmadd

I was told posts can't be moderated just because people can't stfu

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: revfox on June 26, 2015, 20:09:11 PM
Quote from: AL trout bum on June 26, 2015, 18:56:20 PM
Quote from: TylerDurden on June 26, 2015, 17:59:49 PM
Quote from: AL trout bum on June 26, 2015, 17:29:48 PM
Looks like I'm in the minority again. What a surprise. I mean, I'm not gonna picket or anything, but I'm definitely not a proponent.

Hmmmm what a surprise.

One question: Do you think women should be allowed to vote?

What a rational response.

I may not agree with Al trout bum, but I think that it's pretty ignorant of TD to not think that people could express a breadth of beliefs. (i.e. just because someone doesn't agree with gay marriage doesn't mean they oppress women, want slaves, or any other accusatory dipshit thing you can come up with)

I think it scares ppl more when people don't fit into their pretty little binary world. I'm just glad that someone still feels comfortable sharing how they feel when they are in the minority of this thread.

I'm happy to see this change because I personally don't think they state should be a determiner of what marriage is or is not. Marriage in our country has primarily become a civil act and I would prefer to see a distinction between marriage according to the legal world and marriage covenants appropriated by the church.

I think marriage has been corrupted for long before people who are gay could get married (which I still personally think is fine and also think the conservative and liberal church has wasted way too much damn time and money on).

That said, I would fish with either al trout bum or wildmtrout and don't really give a shit what they believe as long as they can fish.

As long as it stays illegal to marry electrical sockets, wildmtrout, we have to continue to fight the good fight.

I think the most rational way, as you hinted at, is to completely eliminate marriage in the eyes of all gov'ts but what are the chances of that happening?  Not to mention, I guarantee the same ppl who are raising hell about the gov't stepping in when it comes to gay marriage, will also be raising cain if the gov't, in a way, tried to step back it's involvement in hetero marriage. 

sanjuanwormhatch

I will say the amount of change in our country (for better or worse perspective depending) in the past, say, two weeks is pretty incredible. 

flatlander

Congratulations to the LGBTTQQIAAP community.  Now they can be as miserable as the rest of us!

The first time I saw that acronym I thought it must be a joke...but it's not.  I suspect it's about to get a lot longer now.