Broguiding my dad/ need to borrow a rod

Started by revfox, June 25, 2015, 21:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

revfox

So, my dad is driving up here from Florida for a couple days and I really want to take him either up to the Smith for a day of fly fishing. He hasn't done it in forever but really want to treat him to a day on the water for belated Father's Day (a couple years worth).

Anybody near the Triangle willing to let me borrow their shitty cheap ass Bass Pro fly rod for the day. I will let my dad borrow mine but would prefer to fish while I spend some time with him.

Hoping for a 4 wt, but anything will do.

And no, he doesn't like electrical sockets.

AL trout bum

Unfortunately I'm a tad far away, but if I was closer, I'd let you borrow one. Hopefully someone can hook you up.
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

Woolly Bugger

I gots a reddington brodeal rod/reel 5wt combo, I'm in Winston -- working too damn much lately that may last for another week or two.   Holler
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

You know about where I'm at. Let me know if I can help.

revfox

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 26, 2015, 05:55:00 AM
I have 2-3-4-5 weights you can borrow. you need to drive here to get it though.

I have a 5 I'll sell you cheap

Don't try to pawn your 5wt shit off on me.

I will send a message out soon. Just want to see if anyone closer has something. Thx

revfox

Ha, no way I'm putting waders on with this heat even if the water is cold. Gonna let my dad wear my boots and I will stumble around in my keens.

sanjuanwormhatch

I have a redington 5 wt I can mail that you can return at a leisurely pace.  Just let me know.  Wouldn't mail until tomorrow at earliest.

revfox

I think I'm covered. Convinced my father in law to buy TF's cheapass rod and let me borrow it for a couple days to show my dad around.

TF, were you trying to say we should wear waders? Because I thought you were saying the opposite.

revfox

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 26, 2015, 09:20:58 AM
I have a redington 5 wt I can mail that you can return at a leisurely pace.  Just let me know.  Wouldn't mail until tomorrow at earliest.

Thx for the help through.

Native Fisher

He is not kidding. You better wear waders, that water is cold.

Dougfish

Rev, waders. 365. Don't be a dumb ass casualty. Seriously.

You want to drive an hour north I've got a rod arsenal. Mostly old glass your pops might recognize.
I'll be there on the 3rd.

revfox

Quote from: Dougfish on June 26, 2015, 21:02:00 PM
Rev, waders. 365. Don't be a dumb ass casualty. Seriously.

You want to drive an hour north I've got a rod arsenal. Mostly old glass your pops might recognize.
I'll be there on the 3rd.

Thanks. I heard loud and clear that it's colder and deeper than I think. I'm gonna wait to see what the water discharges are like before I make a decision between there and Stone Mtn. Smith is just a bit closer and I want a shot at a nice brown.

Also, the outfitter there said they have a pair of waders my dad could borrow. Seems like a nice dude. Hope to get up there soon if it doesn't happen next week. Want my dad to catch a fish though so gotta go easy on him.

And I'm good on the rods. I may end up asking around someday since I'm starting to be on the lookout for my next rod (2 or 3 wt class) for bluelines.

TylerDurden

would def go to the Smith over Stone Mtn
Listen up, maggots. You are not special. You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake. You're the same decaying organic matter as everything else.