News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Desperate Times (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, June 06, 2015, 21:29:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

Long ass work week required some fresh air after wrapping things up this evening. Didn't have as much time as I would've liked but beggars can't be choosers. Work, what an overrated part of life. In order to satisfy our wants and needs it must be done.

I ventured to a flow that I didn't expect a lot from......and that's just what I got: not a lot. I did lose a nice ass fish though. Brought these to hand as well as losing plenty of others.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I tried my best to coax a nice hogsucker into biting but no go. And of course no outing would be complete without plenty of these little fockers:

I actually climbed on top of some of these logs to fish the hard to reach pocket. It worked fine for a minute or so then I slipped and busted my ass. Ended up almost face planting the bottom of the stream. My feet and chest received most of the impact. Foolish move.

I'll see this area again soon hopefully.

I received information before leaving the stream of my wife's young cousin having to go to Brenner Children's Hospital. Bad news. His parents were going to the hospital as well so we're providing room and board for the other kids. I arrived home to find plenty of pizza and additional young'uns. Hope all is well, hospitals are the pits.

Dougfish

Hospitals are the pits.
Be happy your dumb ass isn't in one, too.

Get higher than the chubs. It will improve 10X. Universally.

Aka

"then I slipped and busted my ass. Ended up almost face planting the bottom of the stream. My feet and chest received most of the impact. Foolish move."

Don't do that.

Kids in hospitals isn't cool, I know. Hopefully nothing serious.

Good on ya for getting out.

Onslow

Quote from: Dougfish on June 06, 2015, 21:40:08 PM

Get higher than the chubs. It will improve 10X. Universally.

This is the land o' high plateau swamp/ Kanawha basin, not trying to to get too specific .  Standard rules do not apply.  Streambed gradients tend to be lower up high and higher down low. Temps can also run cooler down river.  This particular watershed can be bathtub warm up top, but yet there are wild brookies where the watershed reaches 30-35 sq. miles in size many miles downstream.  This probably is due the narrowing of the stream, very deep holes up to 10', and tight canopy

These streams are a bitch to fish.  There are no natural sound barriers between the angler and a fish 40 feet upstream and not much to impede sight.  One gurgle and they fucking scatter like carp. If you were where I think you were, you did well. One will find less sand and larger fish downstream.

Dee-Vo

Just to follow up, the boy I mentioned is doing well but received an abnormal ekg reading and has a low heart beat rate. He is to follow up with a cardiologist this week from what I gather. Hope it's nothing. Thanks fellas.

Onslow

Dee-Vo

Dougfish

At 13, I was jerking off so much my EKG could have off the hook.

Just a theory.
Glad all is well.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Dougfish on June 07, 2015, 20:45:13 PM
At 13, I was jerking off so much my EKG could have off the hook.

Just a theory.
Glad all is well.

You may be right. Maybe it's "over exertion". All jokes aside, I hope it's nothing.

sanjuanwormhatch

Phallus, I am always impressed by your technical knowledge.

Good day wademaster (minus the fall and hospital).  Hope it all works out for the fam.

Dee-Vo

Thanks SJW, I appreciate it.

Transylwader

Jason, best to the young lad. At that age, they bounce back quick, your dumbass on the other hand ain't bouncing back from a serious fall, needn't be climbing a piece of deadfall the size of Chicago for no fukkin trout (well maybe a soon to be extinct GBCT)
Played, mayne.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Transylwader on June 08, 2015, 10:02:35 AM
Jason, best to the young lad. At that age, they bounce back quick, your dumbass on the other hand ain't bouncing back from a serious fall, needn't be climbing a piece of deadfall the size of Chicago for no fukkin trout (well maybe a soon to be extinct GBCT)
Played, mayne.

Ha. None of those in that flow. Climbing the deadfall was the only way to attempt to fish a dark and deep hole. It's where I lost a damned nice fish as well. Shit happens.