News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cell Phone Range TR

Started by Big J, June 06, 2015, 16:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Wife is progressing thru the end of her pregnancy quickly.  She could go any day now and is 4 cm dilated already. Wife had a spa appointment today and told her I was going to hit a trout stream close by for the morning.  Only requirement was I have cell service incase she goes into labor.  Check.

Fish were active, and got my fair share in before it was time to bugger off the stream.  About 75/25 on dropper/dry respectively.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hydrangea

New knife is a mean salami cutting machine.

Thought the rock cut out on right was pretty neat.

Better then spending the morning around the house.

Dougfish

Yes. Yes indeedy.  'c;
That was a sweet quick hitter.

Mine was also good. Mo later.

BRFFF

Leash will get shorter and shorter!

bmadd

Dee-Vo

Sweet. Cell phone range? My service sucks balls.  b';

Good luck with the new addition.

The Dude

It's always a pleasure when you have that kind of dropper-to-dry ratio.  I love surface strikes as much as the next guy, but it's so much easier when they take the dropper and you don't have to dress your fly or untangle any knots after each fish.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on June 08, 2015, 06:22:49 AM
It's always a pleasure when you have that kind of dropper-to-dry ratio.  I love surface strikes as much as the next guy, but it's so much easier when they take the dropper and you don't have to dress your fly or untangle any knots after each fish.

Amen to that.  If that ratio goes up to even 50/50, I cut off the dropper.  I hate untangling tippet and flies.

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: Big J on June 06, 2015, 16:09:41 PM

Wife is progressing thru the end of her pregnancy my life is quickly approaching.  She could go any day now and is 4 cm dilated already. Wife had a spa appointment today and told her I was going to hit a trout stream close by for the morning.  Only requirement was I have cell service incase she goes into labor.  Check.

Big J

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on June 08, 2015, 08:22:02 AM
Quote from: Big J on June 06, 2015, 16:09:41 PM

Wife is progressing thru the end of her pregnancy my life is quickly approaching.  She could go any day now and is 4 cm dilated already. Wife had a spa appointment today and told her I was going to hit a trout stream close by for the morning.  Only requirement was I have cell service incase she goes into labor.  Check.

:'( Hope the kiddo likes to fish and hates Disney.

sanjuanwormhatch

Just kidding man.  Baby-life-ending jokes are pretty lame.  New beginnings is a better way to put it.  2.5 years in and I'm taking my boy camping for the first time in two weeks.  Just keep that in mind the first couple of months. 

benben reincarnated

Good to see the net is still holding together.

Transylwader

The title says it all

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on June 08, 2015, 09:59:26 AM
The title says it all

I laughed, that is legitimately how she is. 

natureboy

Good stuff J!  Our new one will click over 4 weeks tomorrow.  Time flies...

After a few months of staying tight to the house I loaded up my little guy (2.5) in the backpack and went to the local stream last weekend.  As I caught each fish, I would lean over, wet his hands and give him the fish, clearly they all immediately flopped back into the water, and conveniently he didn't like that, but I simply asked if we should catch another, so we did that for a good while...   ;D  Eventually he got hungry though, such is life.

Big J

Quote from: natureboy on June 08, 2015, 15:00:36 PM
Good stuff J!  Our new one will click over 4 weeks tomorrow.  Time flies...

After a few months of staying tight to the house I loaded up my little guy (2.5) in the backpack and went to the local stream last weekend.  As I caught each fish, I would lean over, wet his hands and give him the fish, clearly they all immediately flopped back into the water, and conveniently he didn't like that, but I simply asked if we should catch another, so we did that for a good while...   ;D  Eventually he got hungry though, such is life.

Glad to hear your kiddo is doing well.  I plan on installing a carseat in the boat.

Quote from: troutfanatic on June 08, 2015, 15:01:55 PM
Just think, I'll have a pair of youth waders and boots ready to send your way in a few years, although my progeny likes to slide down cliffs in her waders.

Good TR.

I hope she has the same enthusiasm as yours.

On another note, spent the morning at the hospital.  False alarm number 1 in the books.  I expect more knowing my wife.....