News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Ogeechee River 4/26/06

Started by croaker, April 27, 2006, 20:29:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

croaker

Had some errands to tend to in the morning... Finished 'em up around 2:00 pm.
Weather was iffy at best. Dark clouds and thunder rumblin' in the distance... Severe T-storm Warnings. The Mrs. said "Go fishin' you won't melt".
So it was @ 3:30 pm B4 I could make it to the river.
Tried a couple good runs upstream from the landin' fer some late runnin' Shad...  Nada...   Thunder rumblin' off in the distance... Ran down below the landin' and fished back upstream to near the landin'. Bunch of small Redbreast (one or two good urns also), small Bluegill and Spotted Sunfish on the top...
Found a spot that had several nice Redbreast... Pulled 10 or 8 nice ones out B4 the dark clouds and lightnin' popped close enough fer me to see it was time to head fer the hill... Got out jest in time.... Rain blowin' sideways as I threw the rods in the truck.
Nice Redbreast.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Best of the day @ 9 1/2inches.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The topwater strike of a big river born Redbreast is something to see...
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Woolly Bugger

:P fishing again! lucky man you are croaker. I've been consumed by work and stuff, but hope to get out soon!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

croaker

Keith, ya gotta go fishin' when you can...  Having water close by helps fer them 3 hour tours.  8)
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Gofisher

Good looking fish. Glad someone is getting out!