5-18 TR. Another window closing

Started by Onslow, May 25, 2015, 19:58:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Things were all fucked up so back to the house a bit early it was.  Jumped in the truck after running some errands and had a 4.5 hours to spare, 2 for driving and 2.5 for the creek. 

This creek has been in my sights for almost 20 years but never made it a real priority until I learned this gorge was going to be unlisted or no longer designated as general trout water.  I seemed to perfectly rational to expect a healthy population of browns or bows on this creek, being that there plenty of crappy streams in the area that hold really nice specimens.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This sign is located on No Name creek just upstream of the SF Reddies Confluence.  SF Reddies is currently under the general classification.  This section will no longer be designated water in June, 2015 which obviously means no mo fishin for Joe Public.

https://www.google.com/maps/@36.2658859,-81.3312583,15z/data=!5m1!1

The bridge downstream was posted heavily on the upstream side so I parked at Old Camground Rd, and made my way downstream.  No signs of use, no trash, to tracks, no fresh trail, no footprints, no posted signs, and plenty of spider webs.  I thought that I had found a gem, and was floating on my feet like Fred Astaire.  After covering about a mile, it was time to hit the water.

This creek was damned near perfect.  Pools for dries, excellent ledge cover browns, pocket water for the brookies.

I fished dries, nymphs, and even a woolly.  Baitfish were way to plentiful for this crick to have a healthy population of browns imo...bastards were pesky as hell.  Got kinda worried after pounding some beautiful water and came up empty handed.  After about two hours of fishing, I had not seen or caught a trout.  Finally as I neared Old Campground Rd, I managed to land one brookie smaller than my pecker.  Alt was about 1750'

Confluence of SF Reddies and No Name Creek. 

I left with more questions than answers.  I cannot understand why this stream showed no signs of wild bows or browns.  This is not the first former hatchery stream wherein the browns and bows vanished after stockings ceased, with only brookies remaining...referring to streams that received stocked fish before the triploid era.  All can be said is ...well fuck, another few hours of my life I'll never get back.

Dee-Vo

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. Sexy stream......or at least it looks to be.

Dougfish

I'll say it again, hat's off. But you fish some sketchy shit. 'c;

Transylwader

Onslow

Quote from: Transylwader on May 26, 2015, 05:07:06 AM
I creeled errrthang.

Well flog this bitch and tell me what im doin wrong.

The Dude

That is a nice looking creek for sure.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on May 26, 2015, 05:23:53 AM
Quote from: Transylwader on May 26, 2015, 05:07:06 AM
I creeled errrthang.

Well flog this bitch and tell me what im doin wrong.
I feel like a complete scumbag at times, but dead drifting a girdle bug on them lines when the punes don't wanna eat top water usually tears a hole in the divide. OR, this may very well be a creek on my radar that I am yet to put my horse shit covered boots in.