News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Short and Sweet (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, May 10, 2015, 21:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

After some Mother's Day festivities I ventured off with what time I had left to seek fish and quietness. Found both.

Quite a few of these came to hand:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

And just as many of these fukkers:

Plenty of wildlife around:

Ringneck snake, I think. Bad pic, that bitch was quick.

Plenty of H20:

Got to get these new kicks wet today finally. They felt divine compared to the old pieces of shit that I've been using forever.

Tools of the trade:

bmadd

Nice, quick trip.

I have never seen a ringneck snake out and about, always when I've flipped over logs or raking leaves in the spring. Cool!

Dee-Vo

Quote from: bmadd on May 11, 2015, 08:27:45 AM
Nice, quick trip.

I have never seen a ringneck snake out and about, always when I've flipped over logs or raking leaves in the spring. Cool!

Me neither, that I recall. That little dude came across the trail right in front of my feet. It took it every bit of 1-2 seconds to find a tiny ass hole to disappear into.

Transylwader

Saw a few shoulderless fuckers meself this weekend. Im not ignoring your texts. Got em Friday but somehow misplaced the damn phone somewhere. Good to see you got out.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Transylwader on May 11, 2015, 09:33:55 AM
Saw a few shoulderless fuckers meself this weekend. Im not ignoring your texts. Got em Friday but somehow misplaced the damn phone somewhere. Good to see you got out.

No worries. I've lost tons of phones....permanently. Fuck em.

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 11, 2015, 09:37:04 AM
Quote from: Transylwader on May 11, 2015, 09:33:55 AM

I saw a bunch of them bastages too. One big sumbitch that made me jump outta the water. All of the nonpoisonous varieties, so they are still swimming around out there verus having buzzards and coons picking out the buckshot from a carcass.  n!n

The black snake is a beauty. I always wanted one as a kid.

Think its a black snake or rat snake of some type? As you said, it was a beauty either way.

raz

nice work.  what boots?

i snagged a water snake w a caddis last week.  venomous or not, hate all those fuckers

Dee-Vo

Quote from: raz on May 11, 2015, 09:57:16 AM
nice work.  what boots?

i snagged a water snake w a caddis last week.  venomous or not, hate all those fuckers

Simms Freestones. Feel like heaven compared to the blown out ones I've been using. The eleven miles I did over a week ago left both big toes numb....still kind of numb now, 8 days later and one of my big toe nails are black like when you smash your thumb with a hammer.  b';

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 11, 2015, 10:00:21 AM
Yep, black rat snake. They are awesome serpents. I had a 3' one under my shed for a couple years. I think the dogs either ate it or ran it off.

I have no love for copperheads or cottonmouths.

Quote from: raz on May 11, 2015, 09:57:16 AM

Oh Christ... here we go.

Had this one crawling across my steps on my deck earlier in the spring several weeks back at the house. Rat snake again? I moved it to the yard and it took up a small pine like real damn quick.

Transylwader

One time at band camp, my trousersnake made its way into a girls...um, never mind. Wrong thread...