News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Covering Ground (tR)

Started by Dee-Vo, May 03, 2015, 19:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

I'm spent. I covered eleven miles today in trails not counting wading and the usual rock crawling/hopping. Got started at daylight.

Caught fish. Lost fish. Found an old ass metal something. Any ideas what it is?

Great day but I'm exhausted. All today's traveling was done on 4 hours sleep. Can't remember ever being this tired.

Onslow

I like what I'm seeing.  Righteous audacity.

Dougfish

I fished a lot less mileage today and I'm beat.  'c;
Good on ya.

Dee-Vo

Forgot to mention I met some dude on a trail yesterday....any of you fuckers?

Transylwader

11 miles? Nice, I'll be doing that shit at 11k ft in 6 weeks.
Not me, I was standing on the bough of a boat in a river with a million strippers but none wanna eat. I am headed back and hopefully the water will be 68F the day I put that triton in the water. Fuck striper.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Transylwader on May 04, 2015, 09:52:15 AM
11 miles? Nice, I'll be doing that shit at 11k ft in 6 weeks.
Not me, I was standing on the bough of a boat in a river with a million strippers but none wanna eat. I am headed back and hopefully the water will be 68F the day I put that triton in the water. Fuck striper.

Where ya headed in 6 weeks?

Grannyknot

11 miles roundtrip is a haul.  That's about where I consider making it a backpacking trip.
What sort of dry fly is that? skeeter hawk?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Grannyknot on May 05, 2015, 08:15:39 AM
11 miles roundtrip is a haul.  That's about where I consider making it a backpacking trip.
What sort of dry fly is that? skeeter hawk?

Something similar to a skeeter hawk. Works pretty damned good too. I tied that while trying to end up with something closely related to a skeeter hawk or elk hair caddis. That biggest rainbow slammed that bitch. 

Dee-Vo

My attempt at identifying the pictured plants, in order they're posted:

Swamp Aster
Dwarf Crested Iris
Trillium

Correct?

Michael Toris

Don't know about the aster. Doesn't look like what puniceus if that is what you are calling swamp aster. I would leave that shit at aster and call it good. Other two are good. Trillium is erectum.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: wildmttrout on May 08, 2015, 13:07:06 PM
Don't know about the aster. Doesn't look like what puniceus if that is what you are calling swamp aster. I would leave that shit at aster and call it good. Other two are good. Trillium is erectum.

I just LOL'd. Didn't even realize the swamp asster thing. Erectum it is. Plants are perversely named.  ;D

Onslow

I would hesitate to label pinky as an Aster.  Wrong time of year for Aster blooms I think......  I'm leaning towards Common Fleabane

Michael Toris

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on May 08, 2015, 17:26:13 PM
I would hesitate to label pinky as an Aster.  Wrong time of year for Aster blooms I think......  I'm leaning towards Common Fleabane
Your guess is as good as mine. Doesn't look much like the flea bane I have been seeing, but I can't read good.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 08, 2015, 18:35:25 PM
looks like a plant.

That's one hell of an observation. You may be right.

Dougfish

Daisy Fleabane is my vote, Erigeron annuus.
Too early for asters.

Here's Common Fleabane, Erigeron philadelphicus: