News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

serious water

Started by benben, April 24, 2015, 21:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Dude

It's a place called Pipeline. I'm surprised you didn't recognize it.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

troutboy_II

Wow :o

Thanks for the greats posts!

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on April 25, 2015, 15:44:04 PM
It's a place called Pipeline. I'm surprised you didn't recognize it.
If you don't learn to speak pidgin, you int gonna gut any respek in da line-up. Hawaii is thee shit. No recognize. No more trout sniffer...

Onslow

The grotto sluice looks a bit spooky.  I wouldn't crawl up that bitch without being tethered, cause i'm a big ole pussy.

Been dreaming of visiting that part of the world for some 27 years, and still have not made time to make a visit.  Lucky fuckers. 

OldDominionAngler

benben reincarnated

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on April 26, 2015, 16:31:44 PM
Y'all cray.

Maybe crazy....but at least not dumb, we played it safe most of the day. 

I did fall in once, and 48 degree water feels really cold when you go neck deep in it.   I was more pissed though that I got river water in my beer I was holding. 

The Dude

Quote from: benben on April 26, 2015, 20:36:49 PM

Maybe crazy....but at least not dumb, we played it safe most of the day. 

"Playing it Safe" - Sending Ole Duder in first on all of the dicey sections while watching from a safe location.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

That stream is ridiculous.  You all pull anything good out of that big pool pond?

Grannyknot

Jesus.
Was this a fishing trip or a death march?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Aka

Quote from: Big J on April 27, 2015, 07:14:15 AM
That stream is ridiculous.  You all pull anything good out of that big pool pond?

It's so big it's un-fishable. We're bringing full sink line, a float tube, and some flippers next time. If that doesn't work it'll be scuba gear and a spear.

JMiller

Nice looking water.
Where da fish at?

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Quote from: AKAaron on April 27, 2015, 08:12:02 AM

It's so big it's un-fishable. We're bringing full sink line, a float tube, and some flippers next time. If that doesn't work it'll be scuba gear and a spear.

I hear ya.  Those big pools are tough to fish. 

sanjuanwormhatch

That'd be fun even without a fly rod.  Let me know when the next trip is. 

rbphoto

Quote from: AKAaron on April 27, 2015, 08:12:02 AM

I think it would be cool to dive that with an underwater video camera.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Jfey

Man, Wilson Creek looks a lot different on high water.

Yup, going fishing