News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Tarpon Fishing?

Started by flatlander, April 17, 2015, 06:44:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

I start jonesing to tarpon fish this time of year.  Anybody heading to the Keys?

sanjuanwormhatch

sounds difficult and expensive.

flatlander

It's just like blue-lining...only the fish are bigger.

What is your budget for beer?

sanjuanwormhatch

I am ignorant on the amount I spend on beer per year because ignorance is bliss.

sanjuanwormhatch

In reality I'm scared to drop $1k per day on a guide and then watch myself cast 10' into the wind. 

flatlander

$1000 a day?!   It's not that bad.

ptfranze

Transylwader

Tarpunes in the Glades is befuck. Fuck the Islamorada shit. I ain't paying a $1000. Rather put that towards bail and catch baby punes in mangroves with a mix of slapper and snooks. Jus my pref.

ptfranze

Quote from: Transylwader on April 17, 2015, 10:08:40 AM
Tarpunes in the Glades is befuck. Fuck the Islamorada shit. I ain't paying a $1000. Rather put that towards bail and catch baby punes in mangroves with a mix of slapper and snooks. Jus my pref.

I think I would agree here, like the mixed big and would gladly take baby tarpon,  small snooks are fun I can't imagine how much fun the bigger ones are. 

sanjuanwormhatch

i like how this has turned into a real discussion

ptfranze

Gotta love boredom at work

Big J

Big Tarpons all bark no bite?

robspe7370

Loxahatchee River in Jupiter has Snook,Tarpon and people reguarly fish it on SUP and Kayak. Easy enough DIY.
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

flatlander

Quote from: Big J on April 17, 2015, 11:07:33 AM

Big Tarpons all bark no bite?

No.  Everyone should have a go at it at least once.  Big tarpon may be the greatest gamefish on earth.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

From my narrow travels I would conclude the greatest gamefish is the redeye. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon