Michael Toris

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

The Dude

It believe it is called a 'turdlet'
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Onslow

Speaking of bugs, the Yadkin River has been throwing off some major hatches.  Clouds of mayflies are extending upwards of a mile from the banks in the late evening.  One my way home from the Pirates Landing, I encountered a major cloud amorous bugs on Elkin Wildlife Rd..  With the family inside, I stopped the car in the middle of the road and commenced chasing bugs until i realized I was in the midst of a massive mayfly orgy.  Tonight, I noted at least two varieties in front of the Real del Monte.  The parking lot was quite full even though I was a good 400 yds. from the river.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on April 18, 2015, 19:16:43 PM
Speaking of bugs, the Yadkin River has been throwing off some major hatches.  Clouds of mayflies are extending upwards of a mile from the banks in the late evening.  One my way home from the Pirates Landing, I encountered a major cloud amorous bugs on Elkin Wildlife Rd..  With the family inside, I stopped the car in the middle of the road and commenced chasing bugs until i realized I was in the midst of a massive mayfly orgy.  Tonight, I noted at least two varieties in front of the Real del Monte.  The parking lot was quite full even though I was a good 400 yds. from the river.

Shit is crazy. I've seen nothing but a haze of bugs that I barely could see to drive through lately. In the evenings around 730 and until dark. Also this is taking place several miles from the Yaddy. Very bright yellow/green flies. My entire truck is covered with these bitches. For miles the sides of the roads are littered with the tiny remains.....just piles of wings scattered about. Looks like Normandy except with wings.

Onslow

There have always been decent hatches on the Y.  I believe however that this year is off the charts exceptional.  There were only a few muddy water days this past winter with zero flood days.  These stable conditions probably facilitated the hatches.  Now if we could just get the river to behave when the smallies are spawning.

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on April 19, 2015, 09:07:37 AM
There have always been decent hatches on the Y.  I believe however that this year is off the charts exceptional.  There were only a few muddy water days this past winter with zero flood days.  These stable conditions probably facilitated the hatches.  Now if we could just get the river to behave when the smallies are spawning.

Wishful thinking.