Back up plan C - Return to the Mudwall Gatewood Manor

Started by Big J, March 30, 2015, 07:40:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Quote from: Grannyknot on March 30, 2015, 12:19:40 PM
is cowboy coffee where you just pour hot water onto grounds?  no filter besides your teeth?

Yes and no.  Heat up water, add grounds, stir, let steep, throw cold water onto grounds, grounds are supposed to sink.  I didn't let the water get hot enough and the temperature difference wasn't great enough when I added cold water to make the grounds sink.  It was a bad first attempt.

OldDominionAngler

Looks like a fine time...those are some great brookies.  AND you'll survived without the assistance of fleece! 

Thought cowboy coffee also included a raw egg but what do I know.

sanjuanwormhatch

I think it contains the shell of an egg?  Isn't there a funny quote out there about how the coffee gierach prides himself on actually sucks?

Dougfish

http://www.americancowboy.com/article/cowboy-coffee

Eggshells, yes. The eggwhite residue coagulates the grounds.
(If you trust a website named AmericanCowboy. )

bmadd

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Big J

Quote from: The Dude on March 30, 2015, 13:42:30 PM
Starbucks Via, dawg!

But I don't want to have to get a race talk from the barista.

Never heard of adding eggshells till now.  Interesting. 

Mudwall made coffee each morning by settling the grounds with cold water and it was good.  Just as good as a good French press coffee.  I just sucked at it.

Michael Toris

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on March 30, 2015, 12:44:16 PM
I think it contains the shell of an egg?  Isn't there a funny quote out there about how the coffee gierach prides himself on actually sucks?
Yup he has a "how to". At the end, you pour out the coffee and drink whiskey

consumnfire1229

"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

billythreetimes

Solid trip. Also stoked on that version of Float On.

sanjuanwormhatch

Speaking of cowboy coffee, the one in Jackson makes a mean fancy coffee.  Hit the spot one morning after sleeping in the dirt for a few nights.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: consumnfire1229 on March 30, 2015, 20:25:47 PM
What came first?  Fire or the cave man?

Neither.  Cave woman came first.  She reproduced parthenogenetically resulting in female only offspring.  These gals then copulated with Proboscis Monkeys resulting in the ancestors of Transy.  It was an inauspicious beginning.  The early lineages eventually discovered fire, and not only warmed themselves and charred their meat with this new genius, but most of the males tried to hump it, consequentially exhausting the genetic line, and leaving us, fortunately, with only a few Transy-like beings worldwide.

It was fortuitous that we got a new start.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon