New from the other Carolina

Started by dailyfisherman, March 27, 2015, 09:24:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pansyman

Quote from: dailyfisherman on March 27, 2015, 12:09:26 PM
Quote from: troutfanatic on March 27, 2015, 10:59:18 AM
Have you ever worked in law enforcement?

Nah. I work for USC in a genetics lab.

So that answers my next question.........

You're just another COCK p;-

At least it's better than Clemson, (It's just Auburn with a lake)

Rock On with a Heart On
You can lead a horticulture<br />but you can't make her think.<br /><br />Only users lose weed.

raz

Quote from: BIGG_brown on March 27, 2015, 19:15:22 PM
Them are some nice fish man.

Not sure why you didn't catch all the bullshit I did.

because you're from baltimore and can't read.  or if u can read, you cant comprehend. 

Michael Toris

Quote from: wildmttrout on March 27, 2015, 15:20:01 PM
What kind of genetics do you do bruh? Imma NGS man myself
Was hoping to hear back on this.....

dailyfisherman

Quote from: wildmttrout on March 31, 2015, 19:37:26 PM

We work with Colias eurytheme butterflies and look at how geographic distributions can affect their suitedness to their environment. Whether it be size, color, or behavior. At least that's the overall goal. I mainly run the lab and do a fair bit of the PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis, and allozyme electrophoresis processes.

rbphoto

Quote from: dailyfisherman on April 01, 2015, 09:15:39 AM

We work with Colias eurytheme butterflies and look at how geographic distributions can affect their suitedness to their environment. Whether it be size, color, or behavior. At least that's the overall goal. I mainly run the lab and do a fair bit of the PCR, agarose gel electrophoresis, and allozyme electrophoresis processes.

In layman's terms . . . Orange Sulphurs, right?

Lots of butterfly research going on in the Carolinas. 

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Michael Toris

Fair enough. I'm not a wet lab guy; I am on the Bioinformatics side of things. Sounds like a cool project however.

I am currently working a paper which used NGS techniques to detect freshwater mussels in a fish hatchery and identify them to species with nothing more than a water sample.

dailyfisherman

Quote from: wildmttrout on April 01, 2015, 11:45:40 AM

Fair enough. I'm not a wet lab guy; I am on the Bioinformatics side of things. Sounds like a cool project however.

I am currently working a paper which used NGS techniques to detect freshwater mussels in a fish hatchery and identify them to species with nothing more than a water sample.

That's cool stuff. I worked for a while at SC Department of Health and Environmental Control and got to do quite a bit of field work collecting freshwater mussels and other aquatic invertebrates. I'd much rather be doing that right now than stuck in a lab.

Jfey

Yup, going fishing

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

benben reincarnated

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon