A real question - sinking lines

Started by bmadd, February 02, 2015, 20:18:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

In the NW section. Located almost halfway between Memphrika and Cashville.

I've wondered about those lines and also the new SA frequency lines.

Darthmonkey

Realistically it does not matter one iota when fishing deep structure for bass.
http://www.rioproducts.com/fly-lines/freshwater/specialty/outbound-short/
The choices comes down to either Intermediate sink rate, Type 3 or Type 6. I say Rio because I won't let a dollar of my money to go the whOrvis sellouts @ SA.
Side note, virtually every issue with regards to coiling are due to user error. Most common is due to the line being loaded improperly. Half the time @ the shop I'm having to un-fuck people's shit because some dickhead at Cabela's or BassPro loaded lines on the reel as if they were any other trout line where 50 feet of the line serves no practical purpose. The other half of the time is because people naturally cast in an elliptical manner which creates coils when you aerialize line. In both instances it can be easily fixed by pulling all your line off the reel and then reeling it back on while pinching the line through a microfiber towel to straighten everything out. Finally, EVERY monocore shooting line needs to be stretched prior to fishing it. Doesn't matter if it is an integrated monocore shooting line on a Teeny 400 grain line, or the OPST Lazar shooting line I have on my spey rods, mono needs to be stretched prior to fishing if you want to avoid all the coils and tangles.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.