News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Weather 2015

Started by Onslow, February 22, 2015, 08:03:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMiller

The Cumberland River, downtown Nashville TN in 1940.

Highly doubt I'll ever see this in my  lifetime.

Also, just heard we're due for another bout of winter weather later this week. Another ice storm and perhaps another 5" of snow here in TN.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Big J

I hear ya.  There was one stream in particular that I'm curious how the brookies held up in that I was referencing to Doug. 

James did freeze over in several sections though but not quite as thick as in JMiller's picture.  Couldn't walk across it I'm sure.

http://www.blueridgelife.com/2014/01/30/something-you-dont-see-very-often-james-river-frozen-near-lynchburg/

Been a very cold, dry winter up until last two weeks.  Got some much needed snow.  Should be a good spring trout wise.

Dougfish

I grew up on the Northern Neck of VA. The Rappahanock River is salt water there. The river is exactly one mile wide where you cross over to Tappahannock. It froze over so solid that winter that people drove on the ice and a few idiots actually drove all the way across. Of course, a few broke through, too.  :laugh: It was very interesting ice skating with the buckling from the tides. 
It almost froze completely this year. Almost.

Transylwader

Quote from: troutfanatic on March 02, 2015, 17:51:29 PM
It's almost 6:00 and its 65 degrees here. I just got done spraying peach and apple trees and fertilizing dogwoods and redbuds. They have blossoms on them already.
Where the fuck do you live?
It was 32F yesterday, freezing rain, followed by rain, followed by mud, sludge, black ice. Old Man Winter be a solid twat this year p;-
Au contraire, it's 60 Fucks at work right now, leaving the orrifice and now my drive across town for $0.50 drafts begins: Sloppy Hour. Bring dat shit... d:b

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

I'm all about that action boss

bmadd

Locals are freaking the hell out here. It's raining and they're letting school out at 12:30, businesses are closing early. Crazy. This stuff is supposed to eventually turn to sleet/ice and then snow later tonight. It was 41* last I checked.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on March 04, 2015, 12:12:13 PM
Locals are freaking the hell out here. It's raining and they're letting school out at 12:30, businesses are closing early. Crazy. This stuff is supposed to eventually turn to sleet/ice and then snow later tonight. It was 41* last I checked.

It's 75 here.

bmadd

n!n go fishing or something

benben reincarnated

Quote from: bmadd on March 04, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

Patience.  Will be plenty of days like this in the weeks and months ahead.

Transylwader

I suddenly feel very ill at work, wait, what? Oh, thats the sound of my engine starting as I get the fuck out of my office parking lot...
Yes -+;
Gon git me some basses ^-^

Transylwader

Quote from: benben on March 04, 2015, 12:49:27 PM
Patience.  Will be plenty of days like this in the weeks and months ahead.
Bullshit! Make hay while the sun shines, strike while the iron is hot, skip work when conditions for fishing are better than conditions in the office, or something like that p;-

bmadd

For once, I agree with Mike.

Quote from: bmadd on March 04, 2015, 12:44:49 PM

bmadd

So we had sleet until almost midnight last night, before turning to snow. Today we have almost 6" of snow and at the very bottom somewhere less than an inch of ice. Our intelligent city workers decided to scrape all the snow off the roads exposing just the ice. Driving home should be more fun than the drive in to work.