As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Reread Leopold, as Flats stated

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 06, 2014, 09:26:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on October 31, 2014, 07:40:27 AM
Quote from: benben on October 30, 2014, 09:58:10 AM
Stephen, I'd like to inquire as to what your opinion is of this stuff?

http://www.finnutility.com/shop/

Plus, I got the vibe from my transitory SOHO visit that the angling has attained somewhat of a competitive feel – for space, for guides, for land, etc. 

This.

I will say, if I were a chef and/or had nice knives that were on the move, the knife bag would be pretty sweet.  Alas I am not a chef, do not have nice knives and the ones I have never travel. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Hope to finish these before spring.  Damn, I wish I had learned to read when I was supposed to.  Girls and sports -- what a waste of time.  Well maybe not football. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

I've been on a tear since the end of summer. Besides Leopold, here are some of my recent favs.
Fascinating spy story I knew very little about, Ted with some sobering salty views, Bryson is a friggin genius, and Pollan with a great read on human desires and plant's role in satisfying them.

sanjuanwormhatch

Doug - I have the Bryson book on deck.  I recently read four books on the good ol Grateful Dead (overkill?) but am getting back to my normal routine.  I have been reading off and on Brothers Karamazov.  Hell of a book but I just need a break.  Recently read "Rebel Yell" by SC Gwynne.  I think y'all would like it especially since 100% of the story is in Vah-ginny.  Plus he was an extremely impressive and interesting guy.  Also read Gwynne's book on the Comanche.  Hell of a read too.  Also finishing up Dr. Sax by Kerouac.  Not for everyone but I love the damn guy.  One last rec - everyone, in their lifetime, needs to read "East of Eden".  My god what a book.  It is, in every since of the word literally no exaggerations, a masterpiece.  I've probably read it 10 times.