As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

OK Beetle Snow Comes

Started by Stone-Man, February 18, 2015, 16:39:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

driver

Mine feeding area was the opposite. All sparrows and one or two Juncos

bmadd

I've had a good variety with this weather including juncos, pine siskins, nuthatches, chickadees, cardinals, sparrows, doves, and a few different woodpeckers.

Dougfish

JT, Juncos are a type of sparrow. Brother from a different mother.

Juncos showed up here for the first time. At the feeder/suet: Chickadees, Titmouse, Cardinals, Common Finch, Wrens, Bluebird pair, Jays, Nuthatch, Yellowhammer, Downy and Red-bellied Woodpeckers, and Doves. And  a Cooper's Hawk showed up and scattered them all.

Beetle

Nice Doug.  We have gobs of yellow rumps right now.    Just landed from Mexico.  It's cold!!

Dee-Vo

I always have juncos, tons of finches, cardinals, blue jays, titmice, doves and woodpeckers. I've got a red bellied that hangs out almost daily along with many northern flickers hopping around the yard. The flicker is one of my favorites. I have a hawk that has taken up residence nearby that I see all the time. Also some wood thrushes.

Dougfish

Quote from: Beetle on February 18, 2015, 19:16:44 PM
Nice Doug.  We have gobs of yellow rumps right now.    Just landed from Mexico.  It's cold!!

What just landed? The yellow rumps or the white asses?  :laugh:

Stone-Man

BMadd
  I have all those birds except the Siskins. I have not had a Pine Siskin in 4 years, but the weather has been colder  !!!!  Last year we had 4 days below Zero and have had 4 days below Zero this year so far.  I live at approx 2,700 ft ,which could have a bearing on it also.

Beetle,
Damn ,boy, I did'nt mean to wreck your grand arrival with a foot of snow  :o

When you went over the Appalachians, did you look down at the snow and say "Holy Shit""  ??

JT

Beetle

JT- south approach to CLT so never really saw much white stuff.  Had to sit on the tarmac while Joe Biden shut down the entire airport last night.    And yes I was wearing shorts.

http://www.yaleclimateconnections.org/2014/12/birder-sees-climate-chan

I remember seeing Evening Grosbeaks all the time as a kid.   Haven't seen them around here in years but at least we still get the Rose Breasted GB's.   

gillman

What, no bully birds? Damn Starings raiding and wiping out the bark butter. >:(

flatlander

Quote from: gillman on February 20, 2015, 08:19:16 AM
What, no bully birds? Damn Starings raiding and wiping out the bark butter. >:(

My front yard was covered up by them yesterday.

bmadd

My yard is too wooded for starlings. The only bully birds I've had are one mockingbird and one bluejay.

Dougfish

Yellowhammer/Northern Flicker at the suet this AM.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dee-Vo

Had a couple flickers hanging around the feeders and digging in the new snow we're receiving this morning. The flickers never mess with the suet much.....must be the wrong kind for their taste.