"How to" Musky & Striper Program - SRTU - March 5th - Martinsville

Started by Al, February 17, 2015, 15:38:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) has a great "How to" Musky & Striper fishing program lined up for you when we meet at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville, on Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 6:30 pm. Musky & Striper expert and Orvis indorsed guide Matt Miles will shorten your learning curve on these two hard fighting species.

We'd also like to remind you about two other up coming events:

Smith River Clean Up is on Saturday, March 28th. We'll meet at the old church at the end of Shady View Rd at 9:00 am and concentrate our effort on both sides of the Hwy 220 Bypass Bridge. This is a good time to bring your friends, neighbors and anyone else who loves the river and hates litter. We can all help make a difference, one garbage bag full at a time.  We will host a cookout and fishing after the cleanup.

Grindstone Fishing and Camping Trip, May 15, 16, 17 - Stay at Grindstone Campground on the North side of Mt. Rodgers and fish Smyth, Grayson and Washington Co. streams. We have had a blast the past two years we did this trip and you could join the fun. We eat good, stay at a great campsite, fish great trout waters and have a great weekend in general. The club covers the campsite fees. We split the food costs and chores. Campsite accommodates 12. Tent sites and good trees for hammocks, too.  Club members have first dibs. Sign up before we open it up to guests on April 6.  Contact Doug Jessie @ d.jessie81@gmail.com 540-874-6560

You do not have to be a member of TU to attend our meetings.(You must be a member in order to vote on chapter business).   Anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery is encouraged to attend.

Rania's provides us with a nice meeting space with the expectation that the majority of attendees will purchase a meal. (Good food, moderate prices). Address is 147 E. Main St., Martinsville, VA  24112. It is in the historic district of Martinsville known as uptown as it sits on a hill.

Jfey

Quote from: RiverbumCO on February 17, 2015, 18:49:59 PM
Typically, I would ask who had to blow Matt Miles.  Im not gonna do that this time though.

Good call... :D
Yup, going fishing

Big J

I may bum a ride with Erik to this Al.  Not Riverbum Erik, but New York Erik.

Al

Reminder we have a great "How to" program this Thursday evening.

bullship

Sounds fun
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Al

Stole this from Southern Culture on the Fly but it is a good response to all the folks who live behind a screen name.

http://blog.southerncultureonthefly.com/2015/03/05/enough-is-enough/

Me thin skinned? Nope - I can dish it out as well as receive but think there is another section of this board for that sort of thing. Ever wonder why we don't get much serious fishing stuff on here any more - might be because of folks who should be doing stand up comedy instead of posting on a fishing forum.

bullship

Just because we haven't met in person doesn't mean any of us live behind a screen name. In fact, I think this is one of the more genuine places on the internet, which is why I frequent it regularly, and I do know quite a few of the folks here in real life. Anyone that has met me in person can tell you that I am practically the same sarcastic asshole that I'm portrayed as here. But, you're right. Doug set me straight this morning. I will stay where I belong from now on, and the tu informational stuff should be off limits to assholes, myself included. Apologies

ps - don't ever take anything that comes from Dave Grossman seriously, seriously.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

benben reincarnated

I blame it on winter Al.  Everybody is bored and pissed off at the weather, and a small minority of people are actually fishing right now.  Sit tight, spring is coming. 

Al

Apologies accepted. Time and place for everything. Let's go fishing.

Hell, I took my gear to the SRTU function with idea of sticking around for a couple days of fishing. Woke this morning to 14 degrees at my cabin. I left New England 50 years ago to get out of that kind of weather.

bmadd

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: benben on March 06, 2015, 15:45:05 PM
I blame it on winter Al.  Everybody is bored and pissed off at the weather, and a small minority of people are actually fishing right now.  Sit tight, spring is coming.

It ain't winter's fault.  It is a sure low-down, stinking-assed thing to do, blame a season for folks' piss poor attitude.  I ain't bored or pissed off, and I ain't been fishing in over a month.  Some of you, I think, are genuinely concerned about how you "measure up" (see the CNN article). 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

It's gone. Was drunk. Was funny for a minute. Not anymore. I'll leave the tu threads alone.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: bullship on March 06, 2015, 15:44:04 PM
ps - don't ever take anything that comes from Dave Grossman seriously, seriously.

Is this the same D. Grossman?

http://www.blueridgeoutdoors.com/fly-fishing/fly-fishing-101/

And said this?
"When I used to climb or backpack,....."
"We love trout too much to waste them in the frying pan."

And looks like this? And making this type statement?

"But one day, if you're gonna say shit like this, you should do it to someone's face so they can beat you about the head and the shoulders until you cry like the little bitch that you truly are."

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Stephen, please sit on the sideline on this. Please. Quietly.

Thanks G and Matt.
And to be clear, I didn't set anyone straight. I can't set myself straight.

Now, back to cutting up on other threads.  V:;