News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

WV Train derailed oil in river

Started by troutfanatic, February 16, 2015, 18:38:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

Steelrain caught this on the news:

West Virginia Governor Earl Ray Tomblin (D) declared a state of emergency for Fayette and Kanawha Counties at 5:40 p.m. on Monday, Feb. 16, 2015.  The declaration was in response to the CSX train derailment that lead to the evacuation of the Powelltown Hollow area, which includes Boomer and Adena Village.  No other counties were included in this declaration.

"Declaring a State of Emergency ensures that residents of both Kanawha and Fayette counties have the access they need to resources necessary to handle all stages of the emergency," said Gov. Tomblin. "State official are on site and will continue to work with local and federal officials, as well as CSX representatives throughout the incident."

Firefighters with the Boomer Fire Department said that there have been at least six explosions in connection with the fire that started from a CSX train that derailed in the Powelltown Hollow area of Fayette County on Monday, Feb. 16, 2015.  The derailment happened at around 1:30 p.m.  As a result, the entire town of Boomer was evacuated by 4:30 p.m.

http://www.wtrf.com/story/28120275/train-accident-near-montgomery-wv

Transylwader

WV is like the Jews. They face the brunt of everything that can possibly go wrong. At least EPA hasn't banned strip mining. I'm bowing my head for a short prayer for The Mountain State.

natureboy

Wow, what a cluster, especially with the weather, any cleanup will be damn near impossible...  Meanwhile in Charleston the WV politicians are trying to roll back protections on drinking water sources...

ruttness