There is life in East Prong

Started by Devinsdad, September 13, 2005, 07:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devinsdad

Took the boy to Stone Mountain Saturday went to the Church Pool.
The water was low and cloudy but the temperature was down to 65.  I counted 2 dozen fish in the church pool managed to catch a stocker Brookie on of all things a olive woolly bugger

This was also my first fish on the 7.6 5 wt I bought from TW-- what a sweet little rod for small streams.

zzdruid

talked to a guy at the church Sun who said there was generation in the stream. He had seen rainbows spawning and browns/brookies in the spawn area. I didn't study that pool for long, but I sure enjoyed the singing from the church.

did yur son caatch anything???
I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

Devinsdad

Tony- Dad catches and Devin reals em in.. he was busy trying to damn up the confluence of Garden creek and Roaring river.. he had a blast and it was fun to watch the fingerling fish have a field day with the debris he was stirrin up into the pool. It was good just to be outside again. ;)

zzdruid

I thot' the water was up Sun!

sounds like he has the better end of the deal, lol ;D ;D
I could while away the hours, conversing with the flowers, conferring with the rain........ IF I ONLY HAD A BRAIN

tw5270

Sounds like a good one. Glad the rod is getting a workout.