News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Cold water - Warm day

Started by FlyFisher22, January 21, 2015, 13:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyFisher22

Finally got out for to fish on Saturday, water was coldddddd and the fishing was slow.  I really need to stop fishing the same places and start exploring some new water.......  Hate driving that far just to drive around all day though.  Still going to try and devote a day to it in the near future. 

Hit the trail head around 8:45 and it was cold out.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Hiked in a mile or two and started dredging the bottom.  Worked hard for a handful of small rainbows.  This was the biggest of the day.

This is more of a brown stream but I didn't see many, hooked one nice one but preceded to LDR it in a hurry.  Slow fishing or not damn it was nice to see the hills.   This was also my first trip back with a new(er) dog, long story but this dog just turned four but has only been with me for a few months.  Was really surprised how well she behaved.  Recall was perfect when meeting other people and dogs on the trail, I screwed up and had to ask her to swim the river a few times, she took it like a champ.

Not mention, it is nice to have someone watching your back while in the forest.  Looking forward to a few more trips with her this year.

Finished the day up with a few beers and a big plate of meat......

Hope I can get out and pick up some better fish in the next few weekends.
Cam

ptfranze

Pretty dog, and you can't beat getting out there even if its slow

benben reincarnated

Sweet.  That sure isn't a bad way to get out and spend a day.

BTW...the background of your beer pic looks familiar...you definitely gotta put some miles underfoot to get in on the best fishing that stream has to offer.  A mile or two isn't quite far enough up to go IMHO. 

Jfey

Fun day with the pooch, some good food and drink.  Sounds ok to me.  What Ben said on that creek, if its the same one I think it is.
Yup, going fishing

Transylwader

Ah, the ole alsatian. Beautiful dog you got there mate. How old?
^Don't pay any of these twits any mind. I have heard "fish here, you gotto hike this far, that creek has fish in it, that creek sucks". Theres millions of trouts in them NC hills waiting to eat your fly. Some next to roads, some way above pipes rocket. Just do your thang and turn up the music to drown out the peanut gallery.
What this board needs is more Waxhaw reportage.
SET! /'/

ruttness

Did better than me this weekend.

We rescued a 3 week old pup in July that I want to tag along with me but she is bad off leash still. But she is half yote so training is taking longer

Dougfish

Nicely done.  'c;
And a beaut of a GS.

Jfey

Quote from: Transylwader on January 21, 2015, 14:17:24 PM
Ah, the ole alsatian. Beautiful dog you got there mate. How old?
^Don't pay any of these twits any mind. I have heard "fish here, you gotto hike this far, that creek has fish in it, that creek sucks". Theres millions of trouts in them NC hills waiting to eat your fly. Some next to roads, some way above pipes rocket. Just do your thang and turn up the music to drown out the peanut gallery.
What this board needs is more Waxhaw reportage.
SET! /'/

Zip it Mike, I was just helping a brother out.   There are fish everywhere, but it does get better the deeper you go. ;D

The dog is four, next time read the report before commenting.   Rookie.

Yup, going fishing

Big J

Nice report and nice German Shepherd.  Use to have a half lab half german shepherd.  Good dog she was.

Grannyknot

All I saw was that plate of que..
drool

<------this guy is on a no cholesterol, doctors orders, diet.   :'(

Amazed that your dog was so well behaved only having her that short of time.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

Transylwader

Quote from: Jfey on January 21, 2015, 14:32:27 PM
The dog is four, next time read the report before commenting.   Rookie.
Well shit, caught me off guard (I'm a NUMB3R$ guy, I just learned recently that eleventeen is a number and looks like thisGuests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
I apologize for my oversight.
I am six and oh this year 8)

FlyFisher22

Quote from: benben on January 21, 2015, 13:48:02 PM
Sweet.  That sure isn't a bad way to get out and spend a day.

BTW...the background of your beer pic looks familiar...you definitely gotta put some miles underfoot to get in on the best fishing that stream has to offer.  A mile or two isn't quite far enough up to go IMHO.

I am sure it is the one you think it is.  I may come in from the top next time I fish it.  My best day on that stream was actually downstream from there, but that may have just been conditions that day, fall, overcast and on off drizzle. 

Cam

FlyFisher22

Quote from: ruttness on January 21, 2015, 14:24:35 PM
Did better than me this weekend.

We rescued a 3 week old pup in July that I want to tag along with me but she is bad off leash still. But she is half yote so training is taking longer

Wow 3 weeks is young!  I bet that was a true rescue and a busy month or so.

Cam

Jfey

C'mon Mike, we all know you are #1 0:0

Yup, going fishing

ruttness

Quote from: FlyFisher22 on January 21, 2015, 15:44:30 PM

Wow 3 weeks is young!  I bet that was a true rescue and a busy month or so.

Cam

yes sir, we actually have 3 rescues , my boy was around 2 weeks, smacked in the head with a ball peen and dumped in a bag. he made a full recovery except no reaction to pain. hes a brindle staffy bull, way too anxious to fish with.

the coydog lost all her litter mates to worms she was in bad shape when we got her from under an abandoned single wide, first few days were sleepless, was worse that the first few nights with both my kids