News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Courthouse Creek

Started by troutboy_II, January 16, 2015, 07:33:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

Headed that way next week and wondered if anybody had been back in there since everything came up about the logging, etc.? For example, is the FS road open?  I don't think I've seen anything in a while.

Pretty cold for catching anything there based on past experience, but I love that creek and need to get my soul there for a while if possible.

PM if you think more appropriate.

Thanks.

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

The Dude

The road was closed in 2014 to rebuild a low water bridge. The work was supposed to be completed by November. I don't know if it has reopened or not. Last time I went by there was mid October and it was still closed at that time. You can check the forest service website for an update.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Transylwader

The bridge is not finished. Why they are wasting money to replace the swayback is beyond me. I took my bike up there whilst visiting a few weeks back. Nice looking bridge n all, but the nice pool is now a crappy riffle and the fucking brown of 18"+ who used to reside in that pool is gone too.
Besides, the people at the United Parcel service or people at the post office shan't make deliveries up there no mo coz the water be like cloudy piss.
Balsam Grove is going to be fuckered if they proceed with that retarded logging operation.

As an enviro engineer with 13 years under the belt and working for shitasses like British Petroleum, Pulte Homes, K.Hovnanian, the Shitty of Raleigh and other jokers, I have seen my fair share of screw ups. The gradient in that "urea" tied with the fragile solutes will create the proverbial wash out of Jesus H Christ.

Logging apparently is a necessary evil in the retardo Etats Unis. Why the fuck you assholes build your shitty homes from wood and then put plastic shit called siding on it to make it look all purdy (which is does not) is beyond me. First world country, last in looks.

Well, the moral of my story is this, go find another creek. There are over 450 miles of fishable creeks in Transylvania Co, you're welcome. p;-

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on January 16, 2015, 09:53:28 AM
The bridge is not finished. Why they are wasting money to replace the swayback is beyond me. I took my bike up there whilst visiting a few weeks back.

Wait, two things, first, you have a bike?  Second, you ride it?  Oh and a third thing, which is just a comment, one can fish that creek whether that bridge is there or not or the gate is open or closed...but most people are too fucking lazy to deal with the inconveniences of a closed gate or an unfinished bridge span.

Transylwader

Quote from: benben on January 16, 2015, 09:58:51 AM
The bridge is not finished. Why they are wasting money to replace the swayback is beyond me. I took my bike up there whilst visiting a few weeks back.

Wait, two things, first, you have a bike?  Second, you ride it?  Oh and a third thing, which is just a comment, one can fish that creek whether that bridge is there or not or the gate is open or closed...but most people are too fucking lazy to deal with the inconveniences of a closed gate or an unfinished bridge span.
Of course I have a bike you tit...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

If it weren't for my impending knee replacement, I would flog your ass all over the rugby field. Just because I am about 80 lbs your senior don't make it legal to make fun of brick shithouses.
And no, that's my fucking creek. I put it on the map (actually Judaculla did, and I am on a first name basis so get back to GA you aspiring pune debbil).

troutboy_II

T -

Thanks for the info.  As for that being your creek - we have been fishing it for a very long time, so I think it belongs to others as well.

Thanks. for the info though.  And yes, I am aware of others spots and will consider that as an option, but I just love CHC - calms me down...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Transylwader

Quote from: troutboy_II on January 16, 2015, 10:17:46 AM
I think it belongs to others as well.
You thought wrong. Think again... d:b

benben reincarnated

You can gladly keep that creek for yourself Mike. 

The Dude

Besides, the people at the United Parcel service or people at the post office shan't make deliveries up there no mo coz the water be like cloudy piss.

This^^
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

_Fish_Pimp

The bridge is not finished. Why they are wasting money to replace the swayback is beyond me. I took my bike up there whilst visiting a few weeks back. Nice looking bridge n all, but the nice pool is now a crappy riffle and the fucking brown of 18"+ who used to reside in that pool is gone too.
Balsam Grove is going to be fuckered if they proceed with that retarded logging operation.

As an enviro engineer with 13 years under the belt and working for shitasses like British Petroleum, Pulte Homes, K.Hovnanian, the Shitty of Raleigh and other jokers, I have seen my fair share of screw ups. The gradient in that "urea" tied with the fragile solutes will create the proverbial wash out of Jesus H Christ.

Logging apparently is a necessary evil in the retardo Etats Unis. Why the fuck you assholes build your shitty homes from wood and then put plastic shit called siding on it to make it look all purdy (which is does not) is beyond me. First world country, last in looks.

Well, the moral of my story is this, go find another creek. There are over 450 miles of fishable creeks in Transylvania Co, you're welcome. p;-

oh hell....

just go fish the davidson dude.