News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

im a newb

Started by hydrobum, January 12, 2015, 10:42:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Transylwader

Quote from: Beetle on January 12, 2015, 13:51:41 PM
Holy shit - Tranny's post popped up right before I hit send.    I rest my case.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

That's kinda harsh p;-

Beetle

overbrook

This is what happens when you give the kids the keys to the liquor cabinet.   :;!

Onslow

Well fuck me running.  I had planned to hit the big antlered deer gorge this Spring. I reckon Tranny or Toliver will beat me to it.

Dog damned hotspotting fucks :laugh:  I wanna wade in pure pristine water, not water that has been tainted by Tranny jizz.

RiverbumCO

I have a good feeling about this one guys. 
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

bmadd

Quote from: troutfanatic on January 12, 2015, 18:15:24 PM
Quote from: overbrook on January 12, 2015, 17:38:45 PM
This is what happens when you give the kids the keys to the liquor cabinet.   :;!

Shit, I have liquor. I was asking for meth.

What flavor?

ruttness

Quote from: RiverbumCO on January 12, 2015, 20:39:42 PM
I have a good feeling about this one guys.

You want to FHRITBH?

RiverbumCO

Strong Acronymity right there.

But no.  Just a long deep stare coupled with a double shoulder grab,  followed by a firm embrace.  Call me old fashioned.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dougfish

Stone-Man

Welcome to the asylum !
I live near the head of Stoney Creek ,but I have never fished the Doe Gorge.
If these nut jobs on here don't run you off,lets float one when the weather warms.Helluva stonefly. I have seen them that big in Shady on the Beaverdam. Is that where it came from ?

JT

Onslow

Quote from: Transylwader on January 12, 2015, 13:50:12 PM
Quote from: hydrobum on January 12, 2015, 12:46:45 PM
elk river gorge or float the noli gorge after some smallmouth this summer
Yes, this. I don't know any who has legitimately fished the rock garden section on the Noli (float it on high water, it's a bitch on low), I can imagine the Dolomieu's are fat as fuck up there. I don't really care much for bass in general, they are retrads but a 6lb smallie is a right athlete in the large river. The scenery is insane too.
Elk Gorge, huh? You have me very interested. There's three creeks in TN I want to hit in 2015, a feeder that only has acess via the gorge, then two brookie havens high up in GSMNP.
Your intro sucked, but that's OK, 90% of these corksucking a-holes on here didn't have an intro worth a shit (including myself)

I believe I know which brookie havens you speak of.  If you manage to pull this off,...hats of to ya man.  I've spent a right many hours map-staring at these two streams just a droolin.  Fuck Cali, make this shit happen

croaker

Welcome to the addiction hydrobum...

I live way down south, do enjoy the area when I can get up thar.

Quote from: Stone-Man on January 14, 2015, 14:30:57 PM
Welcome to the asylum !
I live near the head of Stoney Creek ,but I have never fished the Doe Gorge.
If these nut jobs on here don't run you off,lets float one when the weather warms.Helluva stonefly. I have seen them that big in Shady on the Beaverdam. Is that where it came from ?
  JT

Hey JT or hydrobum, about 10 years back I ridin' and lookin' about on the way up to Roan Mountain and took a scenic bypass (I wasn't really lost, it was right on the map where it was supposed to be) on Old Railroad Grade Road.   Some of the pull offs were right by the road, the river was 10' or more down a steep drop.  Didn't have any rope.  Found one that had a knotted rope tied to a tree that went down to the water, another I slid down to the water and had drag my fat ass back up to the road using roots and boots. 

Was I in the vicinity of the Gorge?

Good lookin' river!  Have canoe, will travel...

Ain't Life Grand!!!

croaker
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

hydrobum

Croaker thats Doe River above the Gorge and just below the park. Not bad area and there is a small stretch of USFS where you can get feet wet w/o crossing public land. Stoneman  down in Hampton you can go into office of Doe River Gorge Camp in the Spring and Fall and get a permission to fish the Gorge,  That place can be pretty fun.  But the other gorge i was referring too is a mother fucker of a hike in and out of and its downstream of all that private water in Elk Park, NC where they grow those big fish.  I have caught a few decent fish in there but i hear tale of some pigs.

croaker

Appreciate the info hydro, have a cousin that grew up in Hampton.  He showed me a few pictures of some nice Browns caught somewhere between Hampton and roan mountain.  Might have to swing through there on my way to Shady Valley in May.
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Transylwader

Haha, Uncle Don't, check out this Phallus dude sayin' fuck Cali. Haha. Somebudday don't got no Kern Golden tittay! I got East side in my back pocket. West side? Not so much. Its expensive going chasing Sierra trouts. So as long as I git long donkey coming from my current job, I'm hitting west side proper until affirmative action kicks in. Oh wait, I'm African, fo realz!!!