spring trip small stream dry fly swap

Started by overbrook, January 07, 2015, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

They won't be bushy when they're done. Which is ok because Tranny has said he prefers shaved. I'm good for the dozen.

bmadd

bmadd

Expect poorly-tied flies with crowded hook eyes Friday.

overbrook

Bmadd...sorry I'm a little behind the 8ball with all this shitty weather...your flies arrived a few days ago...I'm assuming they are yours...haven't opened them yet.

bmadd

No worries OB, deadline is still off in the future. Flies should be mine

overbrook

Any of the rest of you underachievers gonna send your flies in?   p;- late swaps

Dougfish

I was going to hand them off at the campground.
But no, the swapmaster bailed.  ;D

I'll be a wee bit late.
I hate tying dries.

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

overbrook

Quote from: bullship on March 27, 2015, 20:48:58 PM
i just kinda thought it was dead.

Edit: 
A couple of things....
I woke up this morning freezing my bag off because the bunk heater in my truck quit...and that got me to thinking....screw that! Its gonna be colder than a well diggers ass in the mtns 10 days from now...I could do that shit when I was in my 20's even 30's but I've rounded the corner to turning fifty and I'm not playing that shit anymore. Not to mention, considering who it is getting married I am pretty obligated to attending ( big sigh )

Anyway....if you guys wanna call this off I will send Bmadd his flies back with some consolation bugs for his trouble, I know Cameron ain't gonna be heart broken....and I'll send Tranny a few flies to feed the rhodos just because.

Bmadd....that O.K. with you?

FlyFisher22

Quote from: overbrook on March 28, 2015, 16:49:59 PM
Quote from: bullship on March 27, 2015, 20:48:58 PM
i just kinda thought it was dead.

Anyway....if you guys wanna call this off I will send Bmadd his flies back with some consolation bugs for his trouble, I know Cameron ain't gonna be heart broken....and I'll send Tranny a few flies to feed the rhodos just because.

Bmadd....that O.K. with you?

I'm pissed..............  J/K, I think I tied most of those on your hooks anyway.  Feel free to send some of them on to Bmadd and Tranny, or keep them whatever is fine with me.

Cam

bmadd

OB, I am good for whatever. To be honest, I maybe only get to fish for trout one trip a year so I don't necessarily need any back. Whatever you want to do, I'm cool with.

Dougfish

Well shit. I'm half done.

Whatever the swapmaster decides.
This spring's swaps have had some strange twists and turns.

Psst. Forecast is nights in the upper 40's, low 50's.

bmadd

Has not been much interest in folks participating or completing the two swaps. Pass mine out at the trip, fish um or throw them in the campfire.

Dougfish

Word on the street is that the streamer swap is complete. A miracle!

A little more time and this one could finish up the same.
I'll be done this coming weekend. I'll swap 'em or fish 'em in NC.

Transylwader

Well shit, Tom, I'm sending mine to ya, or I can give em to you when I see you next month
I'll hand mine out at the Spring get together. Fuck all time to myself as of late. Between working, driving fast to fish and working at the ranch, I haven't had much time.