spring trip small stream dry fly swap

Started by overbrook, January 07, 2015, 20:47:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

overbrook

Cause green weenies are ghey!

Tie a dozen of your best dries for wild fish and we will swap them at the shindig....this gives you tossers plenty of time so tie something nice or potentially lose an eyebrow....or worse  -+;

Who's in?

I will be doing the crystal calftail...

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Chewbacca knows this fly...it won't catch shit but makes for nice flybox bling!

1. OB.   done
2. Dfish.   done
3. Tranny
4.Bmadd   done
5.Troutfanatic. done
6.Bully.    out....pussy
7.Cam.    done

Closed.

Dougfish

Transylwader

Overboard, you caught me off guard, did you say SMALL STREAM? I thought you was a SMALL MOUTH whore. Damn, now I gotto give up some black book secrets? I'm in. I will admit, I haven't tied a dry trout fly in years, but it sends the message. Pack the tungsten and lead away. Spring is gonna be here in a jiffy. :D
Stimi's are the shit. I don't use anything else in spring/summer on a blueline. BTW, you want them with some BS? rubber legs? I been fucking around with some prototype stuff I found in a fly box my mom sent me from UK when I could still tie half decent. Now if i could just get my hands on some damn Egyptian Goose flight feathers...

I like my woman cleanly shaven, my dries, bushy. Comprende?

bullship

I like a humpy personally, but I think there's a good chance I'll be rowing my trailer park drift boat to look for toothies while you gheys are diddling fish smaller than my flies.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

RiverbumCO

Id like to stand on the bow of that vessel, Mr. Bullship.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

overbrook

Tranny...I cannot tell a lie, small mouth do give me a chubby....but even cicadas come out every 7 years or so.

I too am kinda smitten with stimis.... My favorite version is the stimi chew toy ( foam underwing and rubber legs ).

overbrook

Quote from: bullship on January 08, 2015, 11:25:36 AM
I like a humpy personally, but I think
there's a good chance I'll be rowing my trailer park drift boat to look for toothies while you gheys are diddling fish smaller than my flies.

Whatever....but you know you still wanna join this swap...I can receive them by mail and send yours back after the trip?

bmadd

I'll throw my name in if you don't mind fooling with flies by mail.

overbrook

Quote from: bmadd on January 08, 2015, 14:26:03 PM
I'll throw my name in if you don't mind fooling with flies by mail.

Its cool by me....have them to me by April 1st.... I'll send yours back immediately after the trip.

Tom Dougherty
637 Springflower Rd.
Wagener, SC.  29164

Troutfanatic...same goes for you if you can't make the trip but still wanna tie some foam floaters...( really prefer dries fee this swap )

bmadd

Fine by me. Write me down for either an irrestibile adams or a mini hopper/caddis pattern.

bullship

Quote from: overbrook on January 08, 2015, 13:33:44 PM
Quote from: bullship on January 08, 2015, 11:25:36 AM
I like a humpy personally, but I think
there's a good chance I'll be rowing my trailer park drift boat to look for toothies while you gheys are diddling fish smaller than my flies.

Whatever....but you know you still wanna join this swap...I can receive them by mail and send yours back after the trip?

I'll be at the trip...just won't be fishing dries most likely. I'm in i guess. Batter up E
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

FlyFisher22

Fuck it, put me down OB, I'll tie something that floats. 

Cam

bmadd

overbrook

Quote from: bmadd on January 22, 2015, 23:18:28 PM

Got to trim the bodies and add the hackle.

Tranny should like those....they look plenty bushy.
Since nobody else seems interested I'm gonna close this but I'd still like it to be a doz.  Either all the same, same pattern but two different colors or a half doz. of two different patterns....your choice, but everyone will still get a doz. flies back.

Send the flies to :

Tom Dougherty
637 Springflower  Rd.
Wagener, SC. 29164

Make sure they are in a crush proof container  and include a note as to whether you need them sent back or whether I can deliver them to you at the spring fishing trip.   Make sure to have them to me by the end of March.