News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dee-Vo

A fish's size being grossly exaggerated? Impossible.

raz

the PG article is before my time, but i do know musky eat adult ducks/swans, etc.  seen dead ones myself near elizabeth, pa
local forum here had a pic about 10 years ago of a HUGE musky w a goose in its throat.  67 dick inches?  thats a monster...  possibly exaggerated, but could be true.  not many people targeted them back in the 80's and there's a TON of carp, bass, etc to get a musky that big.

TF- Pat Cohen makes a spun hair baby duck.  http://rusuperfly.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=2&products_id=20

as far as if musky eat smallies, fuck yes they do.  hell, i catch walleyes w smallies half down their throat. 
do they eat enough of them to disrupt a population?  probably not to an extreme extent.  and adult bass would certainly eat yearling moosky.

errybody eating errybody. 

Big J

Is fall here yet?  All this musky talk is getting me excited.  Which reminds me, I have a little bit of work to do on my boat trailer.   b';

Big J

Also, had a musky take a fly on the surface, it was by far the best fly fishing take I have experienced.  I will be messing around more with topwater musky flies in the future.

raz

in 48 hours i hope to have stuck one.. top water, streamer.  dont care.

Big J

Quote from: raz on July 14, 2015, 07:58:34 AM
in 48 hours i hope to have stuck one.. top water, streamer.  dont care.

Good luck to you from a jealous fellow brffer.

raz

tiger musky...  another think i disagree w PA over...  why stock sterile fish?  why not spend that money on feeding muskies to be yearlings..?  fucking PA stocking programs are fucked. 

OldDominionAngler

Weekday reprieve, went to sling some poppers.

Poppers weren't popping enough I guess.  Switched to a clouser, started to pick up a few fish tumbling it through the riffles.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

By catch.

Four deer chewing river grass and a heron on the rock.  Bald eagles nest very nearby too and they just relocated a black bear about a mile from here last week.  There's also a protected Peregrine falcon nest downstream. 

My buddy fished up stream.

This was his first time out here and he stuck a great fish.  d:b

One more look. 

Fished until the curtains dropped with no more hookups.  S'okay though because we are fishing again on Friday in a more notable smalljaw locale.  Wife and baby are up north so I may even find a minute to tie up a couple fresh bugs for this one. 

bullship

It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Dougfish

bmadd

That's the good stuff

OldDominionAngler

Quote from: bullship on July 21, 2015, 22:26:20 PM
tequilly

You know what's funny...I thought about it afterwards and I think I fished four flies from a 2011 smallie swap.  Get Bent's Tequelly, BRA's La Flama Blanca, an EP fiber crayfish I tied, and your double cone leech thingy..although it was a replica.

Good times man, good times.

JD

I only had a little time to get some fishing in before the storm came. I checked out 2 new ponds. One sucked. One was good. I will be back to catch more gills asap.

themidge

Quote from: JD on July 24, 2015, 08:32:26 AM
I only had a little time to get some fishing in before the storm came. I checked out 2 new ponds. One sucked. One was good. I will be back to catch more gills asap.

Change up the color of your wooly bugger next time, maybe you'll have better luck.

JD

You're right. I have a tendency to stick with a fly too long.