Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on July 10, 2015, 20:25:35 PM
Quote from: NCsporksman on July 10, 2015, 20:03:13 PM
Phal did you up your camera game?

Naw,  I just perform poorly using the G4 in low light conditions.  No light issues yesterday.

FIXED
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

NCsporksman

Maybe it has something to do with the spawn washouts that phallus has mentioned many times. There's tons of bait in that river, plenty for both species.

Onslow

Not all habitats types that exist at the New are well suited for both species.  If someone wants to catch smallmouth, simply look for areas of higher streambed gradient, or for heavens check GE for rapids n shit.  This would beat the heck outa crying like a stupid twat-mouth

Dougfish

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on July 11, 2015, 18:45:32 PM
This would beat the heck outa crying like a stupid twat-mouth

Keeping it real.  V:;

Big J

All we need is Bubba thinking the musky are eating his smallies......   b';

RiverbumCO

Show me a smallie that eats 2 lb carp.  Then ill be convinced.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Onslow

QuoteTimothy Wolfe of Christiansburg pointed out in a recent letter to the newspaper that citation smallmouths in the New River had dropped from 114 caught in 2006 according to VDGIF figures to 43 in 2014. He agreed with Zienius that muskies were out-competing bass for food.

Perhaps there are fewer people targeting smallmouth.  Do these guys know how many angling hours were spent in 2006 vs. 2014?  Oh yes, it is also easier to catch smallmouth during dry years than wet years.  2000-2010 was a much drier decade than what we have seen thus far this decade. 

I really don't give a flying shit about smallies in the New. I'm just in the assholy mood. 

NCsporksman

^^^ Me too....Imma start chuckin em on the bank....that might help tho  n!n

Jfey

Carp are so 2014.   Koi is where it's at

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Yup, going fishing

Onslow

Cool beans, Jeff.  The Yadkin is blessed with koi.

Dee-Vo

Do all the small muskie eat monstrous sized meals?

Do smallmouth eat baby muskie as well?

Koi fishing, good idea.

Big J

Their appetites are bigger then their stomach a lot of times.

When it comes down to it, I don't think musky can catch smallmouth regularly to make them a part of their regular diet.  I'm sure they ambush one on occasion and eat sick ones or hurt ones, but as the data shows, they are not a regular part of their diet.

Stripers in SML is the reason why musky have done so poorly their and the state has stopped stocking SML with musky.  The stripers would hammer the fingerlings as soon as they were released.

themidge

Quote from: Big J on July 12, 2015, 16:20:05 PM

Their appetites are bigger then their stomach a lot of times.

When it comes down to it, I don't think musky can catch smallmouth regularly to make them a part of their regular diet.  I'm sure they ambush one on occasion and eat sick ones or hurt ones, but as the data shows, they are not a regular part of their diet.

Stripers in SML is the reason why musky have done so poorly their and the state has stopped stocking SML with musky.  The stripers would hammer the fingerlings as soon as they were released.

That reminds me of this 26" bass I found dead, floating in a watershed lake I fish frequently, privately owned. It had smashed a spawning crappie (Note nibbled tail) entirely too big, and died. When I found it the crappie was still alive, but on it's last leg. Was a wild encounter.

RiverbumCO

yea, and they all said it was bullshit.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.