News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Quote from: Fin on May 18, 2015, 09:35:25 AM
First river carp on the fly........ I also tangled with a channel cat, white bass, crappie, sunfish and a gar.  Quite the mix.  Fun day.

Dude.  bd;0

Big J

Fished the James again after work.  We moved a musky and got 1 half hearted eat from a nice fish right at the boat.  Only reason I'm sharing this report is to show off the guys water skiing the James.  Never seen people water ski this river.  They were good too.  One ski and that boat was humming up and down that stretch of river.

driver

After many years of fishing lakes. I have a extreme hatred for water skiers and  jet skiers.

Big J

Quote from: driver on May 20, 2015, 06:27:30 AM
After many years of fishing lakes. I have a extreme hatred for water skiers and  jet skiers.

Agree, but they were pretty courteous. Slowed down and stayed as far away as possible as they made passes. Funny to watch on the river. Ain't no way id water ski in that river. Between floating logs, trash, and the pure filthiness of the water, I say no way.

RiverbumCO

I still find it hard to be mad at skiers in a two piece bathing suit.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

bmadd

Middle finger from the grass carp. Cicadas are doing their thing, fish don't seem to be keying on them yet.

Dougfish

Quote from: RiverbumCO on May 20, 2015, 07:19:40 AM
I still find it hard to be mad at skiers in a when I'm in a two piece bathing suit.

Big J

It was a weird day today.  Moved 5 musky today, but couldn't get them to eat.  They would follow the fly hot to the boat, then just sit there for the figure eight and then swim off.  Had one fish follow the fly to the boat, sit right under the boat, and came to look at 4 different flies I changed out, but would eat the darn fly.  Talked with a couple different musky fishermen and they all were having the same results.  Lots of follows, no eats.  Still was great getting all the musky action though.  Also got a nice summons from the DNR.  Some non sense about not enough life jackets in the boat  :-X

Dougfish

Is that why you called? Bail money?

Who's the ballast replacement?

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on May 25, 2015, 20:49:22 PM
Is that why you called? Bail money?

Who's the ballast replacement?

No, I called because I had a plant question, so I called my plant friend.  I went ham on my yard this weekend. 

Dougfish

Ham......?
Pork products? I like bacon, ham and sausage. V:;

I'm on board for the plant shit, now.
Married off the eldest yesterday.

Woolly Bugger

nessie

Drove too far, Pune smallies is all I saw, snake was the highlight of the day.

But it was nice to be out wet wading the New! Yellow Sally landed on the windshield on the way home on 21 which has at least 3 one lane stretches.
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Dee-Vo

Cool shot of the snake.

bmadd

Good pics Wooly, really like that snake shot. Cool spots on the belly of those fish as well.

Transylwader

I caught a smallie on Friday. First one since drifting with DRIFTS last year. Urban ditch fishing. I think Ima go back for more, problem it's fucking 3.5 hours away in the middle of Ashevegas.
Greedy lil sumbitch, ate one of Woolly's oversized Circus Peanuts