As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2015 Warm Water

Started by Big J, January 01, 2015, 18:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Musky and a return to facial hair.  y;

NCsporksman

Awesome man..any other follows or other muskish activity while u were out?

Big J

Thanks everyone. Yes the beard has returned Doug.

I'll give you a call Dave later today.

Sporks, no other musky activity as far as I know. The river was in that stage of dropping where you have a foot or so of visibility. Tough to see a follow in this section when there is a tint to the water. Perfect conditions though to move a big fish down there right now though.

Aka

Nice Big J, good way to wrap up a crap day.

When my wife was pregnant she wrecked her car and while it was being fixed she had a rental that she drove into a light post and had to report to our insurance co. I paid over $400 a month for insurance on 2 cars for a year because of that. Not sure about Mud's assertion that women shouldn't come along fishing but I know preggers women shouldn't be driving.

Jfey

I liked everything except the shirt.   The musky was probably trying to attack it.
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Quote from: AKAaron on May 15, 2015, 09:27:25 AM
Nice Big J, good way to wrap up a crap day.

When my wife was pregnant she wrecked her car and while it was being fixed she had a rental that she drove into a light post and had to report to our insurance co. I paid over $400 a month for insurance on 2 cars for a year because of that. Not sure about Mud's assertion that women shouldn't come along fishing but I know preggers women shouldn't be driving.

Gosh that is rough.  And the fact that she is pregnant is worse.  I can't get on to her for hitting a car because it would not bode well for me.  Had to just bite my tongue, grin and bear it.

Luckily we have Nationwide on our side, and the accident forgiveness will be applied.  Our insurance will only go up a few dollars a month because we will lose the no accident discount.

Quote from: Jfey on May 15, 2015, 09:33:53 AM
I liked everything except the shirt.   The musky was probably trying to attack it.

The shirt was just added good juju.  If it was an OSU shirt, my boat would of probably sunk with the luck I've been having  :laugh:

Dee-Vo

Anyone price checked Nationwide? I had them for years and realized they were owning my ass. Switched to a smaller company and now save money every month. I'm no insurance aficionado, just asking.

DRIFTS

Quote from: wademaster on May 15, 2015, 10:17:17 AM
Anyone price checked Nationwide? I had them for years and realized they were owning my ass. Switched to a smaller company and now save money every month. I'm no insurance aficionado, just asking.
Geico saved my ass a ton...check em out
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Dee-Vo

Quote from: DRIFTS on May 15, 2015, 11:36:24 AM
Quote from: wademaster on May 15, 2015, 10:17:17 AM
Geico saved my ass a ton...check em out

I did and surprisingly they were more expensive than this small company I'm insured with now. It's a small company and I think they change your coverage as prices rise and lower. As I said, I really know very little about this process.

DRIFTS

Just wish I could find cheeper lime flavored beer /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

rbphoto

Farm Bureau always wins when I go out for quotes.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Dee-Vo

Cheaper beer in general.....

Transylwader

I catch trout bigger than that sardine!
Hipster face piece :o
Solo is always bueno. Well played Jakobus 'c;

Fin

I've been doing some recon on this river for the past year or so and yesterday my time on the water finally paid off.

[attach=1]

First river carp on the fly.  I'm not sure if fun best describes this activity, exhausting perhaps.  Brute.  Hooked up on one more but after a five minute fight the hook pulled free.  Almost a relief.  I also tangled with a channel cat, white bass, crappie, sunfish and a gar.  Quite the mix.  Fun day.

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

Jfey

Helluva day right there Fin.
Yup, going fishing