Kept on saying file to big...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

shropp

The wife feels that there is no need for more than one boat, so we compromised and in order to get the new one, I agreed to sell the old one.  I did what anyone would do and priced it high as hell in hopes to either make a mint or better yet keep both for at least one more carp season.  All was going as planned til my dad expressed interest, so we worked it out, he threw me some cash, and it was Georgia bound. They say the best 2 days with boats are when you buy it and when you sell it. I will have to disagree in this case, at least I kept it in the family and have first dibs to buy it back at some point.

I was able to make one last trip before I sent her on her way.  Conditions were miserable with winds gusting 20+mph, found plenty of carp which wouldn't entertain our offerings. I had one hook up that headed straight to brush and bent my hook straight, cheers to WMT for connecting and putting the last of many slimes on this vessel

Dougfish

Nice. Well, except for the temporarily boatless part. And Weirdbeard.
Good snapper pic.  'c;

Big J

Quote from: shropp on April 14, 2015, 07:46:44 AM
The wife feels that there is no need for more than one boat, so we compromised and in order to get the new one, I agreed to sell the old one.  I did what anyone would do and priced it high as hell in hopes to either make a mint or better yet keep both for at least one more carp season.  All was going as planned til my dad expressed interest, so we worked it out, he threw me some cash, and it was Georgia bound. They say the best 2 days with boats are when you buy it and when you sell it. I will have to disagree in this case, at least I kept it in the family and have first dibs to buy it back at some point.

I was able to make one last trip before I sent her on her way.  Conditions were miserable with winds gusting 20+mph, found plenty of carp which wouldn't entertain our offerings. I had one hook up that headed straight to brush and bent my hook straight, cheers to WMT for connecting and putting the last of many slimes on this vessel

1) good stuff on the carp and pictures
2) what are you wanting to buy?

JMiller

Had planned to get up around five and chase gobblers this morning, but I was pretty tired and the radar showed nothing but green, which made the decision to pull the blankets back over my head that much easier. By 8 a.m. I was bored out of my mind and noticed a gap in the weather so I decided to hitch up the crawdad and hit the water for a bit before the next front moved in. 

This is not exactly a hidden lake, but not everyone has a key, and getting a boat in otherwise is pretty tricky.

'course even if you have a key, your Kia probably ain't gonna make it back there anyway.

Got launched and the day started out pretty good. Had a little topwater action, even if my focus was off.

Some fish were caught.

Then things started to slow down a little, so I went deep with a big weighted zonker. The sun was out and the feed seemed to be off.
Then I felt the big thump.

Holy sh*t!

Was wishing I had someone else with me to take a picture. Best I could do quickly in order to get the big girl back in the water safe.

...better to have proof.

Then the rain came back in.

So I got loaded back up.

And shut the gate behind me like nothing happened.

Mahalo.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Big J

'c; Heck of a bass.  If it ever quits raining here I'll start hitting a few of the ponds around town. 

sanjuanwormhatch

bmadd

Mother fuckin JMiller. That crawdad has serious mojo

Dougfish

I hope you had the winch cable out while you were on that "ramp".  :o

Again, nice bass! 'c;

JMiller

It's been a good spring. Trying to enjoy the luck before my general ineptitude reveals itself yet again.
"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

I carted my 2 week old offspring to a small pond for his first official outing. There are some massive grass carp here....no such luck. Did get a fat ass bluegill though.

shropp

Quote from: Big J on April 14, 2015, 08:40:33 AM

1) good stuff on the carp and pictures
2) what are you wanting to buy?

I got the replacement boat before I sold. Its a 21' southern skimmer skiff. Handles rough water pretty well, still can run skinny, tons of room and very stable

ptfranze

Well played all around guys....thats a hell of a bass well done  'c;

overbrook

J miller that's a hell of a nice bass but do you have hands like 3 times the size of chewbaccas?

JMiller

Quote from: overbrook on April 15, 2015, 06:35:25 AM
J miller that's a hell of a nice bass but do you have hands like 3 times the size of chewbaccas?

As I said, I wish I had better photos, and though I appreciate the thinly veiled implication that I'm a liar, here's what I've got. Ordinarily I wouldn't have taken this step, but Im thinking of having a replica done so I wanted to get some measurements. The carpeted floor piece is 24" wide, and the fish is pretty clearly a touch longer.

Here's a chart for estimating LMB weight by length.

http://tpwd.texas.gov/fishboat/fish/recreational/catchrelease/bass_length_weight.phtml

Take it or leave it.

― Charles Bukowski