News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: trout-r-us on January 10, 2022, 17:53:00 PMFunny and Sad all at the same time. 🤣🙁

This is one of the best flicks I've seen in some time, a 2+ hour metaphor for all that is screwed up with our country and world.

Thanks for the heads-up. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on January 12, 2022, 11:55:48 AM
Quote from: trout-r-us on January 10, 2022, 17:53:00 PMFunny and Sad all at the same time. 🤣🙁

This is one of the best flicks I've seen in some time, a 2+ hour metaphor for all that is screwed up with our country and world.

Thanks for the heads-up. 

Incidentally caught the first few minutes of this one evening, looked interesting enough. Maybe I'll make a special 'tv night' to finish it up.

Yallerhammer

Watched Don't Look up last week, and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Sadly, it's pretty close to reality nowadays.

Two more I watched recently and really liked were Old Henry and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

And Troll Hunter. The original Norwegian subtitled version. Troll Hunter is badass.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Dee-Vo

Quote from: Yallerhammer on January 13, 2022, 08:21:04 AMWatched Don't Look up last week, and liked it a lot more than I thought I would. Sadly, it's pretty close to reality nowadays.

Two more I watched recently and really liked were Old Henry and The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

And Troll Hunter. The original Norwegian subtitled version. Troll Hunter is badass.

Troll Hunter was neat. You'd like Gunfighter's Moon if you haven't seen it. It's a great western. One of my favorites.

Yallerhammer

QuoteTroll Hunter was neat. You'd like Gunfighter's Moon if you haven't seen it. It's a great western. One of my favorites.

Yes, it was a good one.

Dougfish

Don't Look Up.
Too close to the truth.  :o
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

trout-r-us

Holocaust Remembrance Day brings to my mind a movie that so well portrays the innate innocence of children, and a concept believed by many that hatred is a learned behavior.
You cannot view this attachment.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

BHM movies --

First in the queue;
In 1946, Branch Rickey, general manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers, signs Jackie Robinson to the team in defiance of major
league baseball's notorious color barrier.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 01, 2022, 15:30:29 PMBHM movies --

First in the queue;
In 1946, Branch Rickey, general manager of the Brooklyn Dodgers, signs Jackie Robinson to the team in defiance of major
league baseball's notorious color barrier.

Branch Rickey used to come to Hazel Creek to camp and bear hunt.

Woolly Bugger

Monica Vitti, hailed as the "queen of Italian cinema," has died after a 15-year battle with Alzheimer's disease. She was 90

I must watch this

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0053619/

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dee-Vo

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus