News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Movie Thread.

Started by RiverbumCO, December 22, 2014, 19:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

I was reading about Sutton Hoo a few days ago.
https://archaeology-travel.com/england/sutton-hoo/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Dougfish

Pretty awesome, btw. Ralph Fiennes. A treasure.
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Dougfish

If you are a foodie, like to see new scenery, or like a good life's journey story (or all of the above) stream Netflix's Chef's Table.
Yesterday, we watched an episode about a female Korean Monk that was fascinating. Some episodes have subtitles. We went to Korea, Russia and Sicily yesterday. 6 seasons.
Some of it is really mind blowing. Extremely well done.
There is a France sub-set and a BBQ sub-set from 2020, also.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Big J

Quote from: Dougfish on February 08, 2021, 17:12:06 PMIf you are a foodie, like to see new scenery, or like a good life's journey story (or all of the above) stream Netflix's Chef's Table.
Yesterday, we watched an episode about a female Korean Monk that was fascinating. Some episodes have subtitles. We went to Korea, Russia and Sicily yesterday. 6 seasons.
Some of it is really mind blowing. Extremely well done.
There is a France sub-set and a BBQ sub-set from 2020, also.

I've watched the BBQ series.  It was good.  I'll have to watch the original series.

driver

Chef's table was great. The stories behind the chefs... excellent watch

Woolly Bugger

Watched Judas and the black Messiah on HBO max, it recounts the FBI murdering Black Panther chairman Fred Hampton. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt9784798/

Here is the PBS version

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Chernobyl - HBOMAX 4 pt mini series

very dark and disturbing look back at the explosion of the nuclear reactor #4 and the aftermath

On a lighter note just started The Flight Attendant — sex and murder in a fun campy sort of way — 8 episodes, I just watched the first one! 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The Help.  Mostly female cast but one hell of a movie that I've watched several times lately.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 05, 2021, 07:56:02 AMThe Help.  Mostly female cast but one hell of a movie that I've watched several times lately.

I do declare, Minny's "special ingredient" chocolate pie scene is my favorite.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: troutrus on March 05, 2021, 08:32:22 AMI do declare, Minny's "special ingredient" chocolate pie scene is my favorite.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutrus

Good one on Amazon.

Dougfish

Quote from: troutrus on March 20, 2021, 21:49:04 PMGood one on Amazon.

I wanted to like it. I wanted to like Nomadland, too.
Did not do it for me.
Kelly's Heroes,1970

But if I do,

Woolly Bugger

Film at 10
The 10th annual American Documentary and Animation Film Festival is virtual, but still holds the same impact even during a pandemic.

Starting March 26 through April 4, viewers can begin streaming more than 250 documentaries and animation films using the festival's platform, DocsNow+. For a one-year subscription fee of $35.88, viewers will not only have access to the entire festival lineup through April 4, but going forward they can tap into a library of films offered through DocsNow+. https://docsnowplus.com/

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

A scene from Sockeye Salmon, shot in Russia at the Kamchatka Peninsula.
PHOTOGRAPHS COURTESY AMERICAN DOCUMENTARY AND ANIMATION FILM FESTIVAL

>>>This is probably not the way the American Documentary and Animation Film Festival wanted to mark its 10th year in Palm Springs. Instead of a darkened theater bonding an audience through the art of film, the festival is again connecting virtually — whether it's at home, on a device, or at a drive-in movie.

And yet the spirit of the festival remains intact — celebrating film.

Starting March 26 through April 4, viewers can begin streaming more than 250 documentaries and animation films using the festival's platform, DocsNow+. For a one-year subscription fee of $35.88, viewers will not only have access to the entire festival lineup through April 4, but going forward they can tap into a library of films offered through DocsNow+.

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Ken Burns Hemingway premiers 4/5/21

You cannot view this attachment.

Tune in or Stream Monday, April 5 at 8/7c
Hemingway, a three-part, six-hour documentary film by Ken Burns and Lynn Novick, examines the visionary work and the turbulent life of Ernest Hemingway, one of the greatest and most influential writers America has ever produced. Interweaving his eventful biography — a life lived at the ultimately treacherous nexus of art, fame, and celebrity — with carefully selected excerpts from his iconic short stories, novels, and non-fiction, the series reveals the brilliant, ambitious, charismatic, and complicated man behind the myth, and the art he created.
me -There's a season?

Al

I am pissed at Ken Burns for his treatment of the Vietnam War but I already have his Hemingway keyed up with the DVR