Wanted: Solo Canoe

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, December 11, 2014, 09:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Any of you have a canoe for sale?  I am looking for a used solo boat, something along the lines of the Discovery 119 Old Town. 

Many thanks.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Transylwader

Haha. We have a crick here in NC you can bring your canoe. Imagine dat...

Woolly Bugger

Go for a SOT kayak, all the cool kids are using them
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

The Dude

Craigslist often has kayaks, and sometimes has canoes, if you haven't already checked into that. 
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Thanks.  Kayaks or C1-type vessels are not my cup of tea.  It is bad enough that I will be forced to get a plastic boat (can't afford a wooden-strip or canvas/wood canoe).  At least I can have a synthetic craft that is shaped like, looks like, a canoe.  Those block-of-sh*t-molded floating thingies the "cool kids" are using ain't boats!!!!!   Plus, how in the heck would you get all your camping supplies in one of those fashion-formed sculptured pieces of sh*t? 

Onslow

Would this canoe be used for flatwater or rivers with rapids?

There have been some nice glass canoes on the market in recent months.

Transylwader

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Lalochezia, try it sometime. Nobody will tell you wifey you curse like a sailor, well maybe your own kind. I don't know what is gheyer, typing out a swear word and bleeping the vowels or asking people about a canoe.
This is explicitly why we shan't have nice thangs.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Transylwader on December 11, 2014, 12:35:04 PM
I don't know what is gheyer, typing out a swear word and bleeping the vowels or asking people about a canoe.

I am bleeping those vowels, saving them, and sending them to Eastern Europe, where they can insert them into some of their city and area names, so I can pronounce them.

I never enjoyed cursing in public.  Around the campfire, in a bar with friends, on the phone, or in any other small intimate group setting, yes I swear.  For some reason I feel messaging here is like being in public.   Believe it or not, one of my retirement goals is to stop swearing – it will be a tough contract.

Now, find me a f*ck*ng used solo canoe!!!! 

Transylwader

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on December 11, 2014, 13:11:13 PM
Quote from: Transylwader on December 11, 2014, 12:35:04 PM
I don't know what is gheyer, typing out a swear word and bleeping the vowels or asking people about a canoe.
Eastern Europe
Mudders, c'mon mate. The eastern block peeps have no money and really bad teef. Imagine trying to say a word with a bunch of vowels when your teef look like dis...
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I recall staying in a hostel when I was travelling thru Latvia/Lithuania and Poland when I was in my late teens. The birds were super hot. Best damn titties I have seen. Sad thing was their teeth were rank. I mean really. My mate, Paul from England is a filthy blighter. He told me when you are stoking the fire, you aren't looking at the mantle piece. Garbage limeys.
Anyhow. I do not have a canoe or do I know of one for sale, but the heathen Cabelas is moving into Garner next year. I can guarantee they will have them on sale for next to nothing.
Alternates include talking to Chief Running Water and his side kick, Little Drip in Qualla, Cherokee. I suspect they will carve you one from a hemlock from the Snowbird Mountains. That'd be epic.

Onslow

https://www.wenonah.com/Canoes.aspx?id=118

This would be a sweet ride if you could find a used one.

This would work for solo boating and camping.  Although this boat is described as a flatwater canoe, it should handle IIs just fine.  I paddled an outfitted Disco 158 down Barnard>Hot Springs section of the French Broad. There be some heavy IIIs in there.

http://mohawkcanoes.com/flatwater/solo/

A Discovery guide 119 is a great boat for river fishing but am a bit skeptical that it would be sufficient for anything more than one night stays.  They are also affordable new.

croaker

-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

rbphoto

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on December 12, 2014, 08:26:48 AM
Quote from: croaker on December 12, 2014, 08:18:52 AM
http://www.gon.com/marketplace/listings/103136/wts_wtt_old_town_guide_119

Many thanks Croaker!  -- my kind of boat.

Where is Cartersville?

Acworth, GA area - between Atlanta & Chattanooga.  Look for Cohutta Fishing Company and visit them if you go get it.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

sanjuanwormhatch

Muddy I'll go check it out for you for a small fee.  (I charge by the hour).

Are you planning on going on a lewis and clarke style hunting and skinning trip?  Count me in if so.