News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

fall fishing

Started by _Fish_Pimp, December 10, 2014, 20:44:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

_Fish_Pimp

I am finally finishing up my undergrad, graduation is Saturday. So I'm pretty excited what the future holds. I haven't fished quite as much as I would've liked over the past few weeks, but I've still been out a couple times. Here are some pics!

these boots have broken 3 times...

I liked this fish a whole lot...that's the reason for so many pics of em

another cool fish

pretty sky

oh and I got a bote..she ain't the prettiest but she floats

the trailer was a rusty mess...that fender had 4 8" holes in it..my brothers welding skills came in handy plus some bondo of course

after!

needs more buffing and some glass work in spots..I'm going to recoat the bottom in the coming weeks. Ill make some updates  8)

I took her out on the soho before cleaning and buffing..she floats!  V:;

Go APP!  :D

benben reincarnated

Bring it.  Excellence. 

Dougfish

Congrats on the bote, fish and gradjamacation.
Now, get a job! Reduce my tax burden.  :laugh:

Transylwader

Lipstick Dipstick in the house. You n Ian gonna hold hands when the Dean ordains you two twats? Boone PD is gonna be quiet since you delinquents are gonna become an integral part of society and make real money in the shitty. Christ ahmighty. I'd pay for your tab at AMB but I'm reckoning I'll need my hunjees for bail as I embark on MethDonkey. Respect young Jedi. You'ins make this African bru proud

raz

great stuff dude.  real nice bote as well.  i fully expect to ride shotgun eventually. 

Michael Toris

But have you learned to row?

_Fish_Pimp

Quote from: wildmttrout on December 14, 2014, 21:41:39 PM
But have you learned to row?

maybe.
floated upper watauga today...very low water, they were supposed to sluice 210 but it was more like 100..it was a piss trickle off the top. rocks were beaten and the boat was dragged, blue wings hatched and fishes were caught. :;!

Quote from: raz on December 14, 2014, 21:20:44 PM
great stuff dude.  real nice bote as well.  i fully expect to ride shotgun eventually. 
yes you will Raz!

raz

glad i didnt get the boots w the silly boa things.

The Dude

I was looking at those boots on the Simms website and I noticed that it recommended that you purchase an extra Boa cord with those shoes.  That set off an alarm that the technology is not where it needs to be yet to be durable enough for my needs.  I think laces are still the best bet at this point.  They are lighter, too.

This is taken directly from the website, too:  "Boa® replacement cables are available on the Simms website, directly from Boa® or you can purchase spares at most fly shops. Always a good idea especially on destination trips."
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

RiverbumCO

My boa Korkers were the shit.  Never an issue.  Simms can eat a dick.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Transylwader

BOA's are good. I have put mine (Orvis ones) through the ringer this year. Seen miles and miles of rock hopping, bush wack, shigh sierra action. In one piece and I just recently stuck some cleats in em to fuck about in a nasty little devilish cataract. I give em about 8 months before they are toast, a far cry from the shitty ultra light orvis vibrams with cleats that last me 6 months tops. I have gone through 3 pairs of these shitters in quick order.
When I played cricket, Puma used to make a pair of spikes (cleats) called Trinomics. They had the disc on the top of the tongue that you turned to tighten the steel cables(laces) and push a button and pull forward to loosen. That technology has been around for at least 20 years.
Simms never invented BOA technology, so they can have a big serving of shut the fuck up. They are the same twats going on about felt spreading dydimo and whirling disease, bullshit. They then retracted their statement and thats why they sell felt soles again, because Vibram is too damn expensive to turn a profit for a product that has a very restricted use.
Guns don't kill people, rappers do.

JWJ

the only thing that's held up on my Simms Boas is the Boa lacing system. The rest of the boot is eroding away. I haven't own anything for Simms that's lasted.

The Dude

Simms boots are not durable. But you can just keep returning them and they will keep sending you new ones. Going through warranty claims is a pain if you don't have a back up pair, though. They don't haggle you about it or anything, but you still end up without a pair of boots for like a month+.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

RiverbumCO

I bet in that month they could eat at least 2 dicks a day a piece.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

benben reincarnated

I may be getting a new pair of Simms boots for Christmas.  I can sure wear out some fishing boots in a years time.