SRTU Meeting Dec. 4 - State Of The River

Started by Dougfish, November 25, 2014, 12:25:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

What's Happening With The Smith River Trout Fishery?

George Palmer and Scott Smith, fisheries biologists with the Virginia Department Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) will summarize the latest studies concerning the health of the Smith River Trout Fishery on Thursday, December 4, 2014, 6:30 pm at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville. The Smith River trout fishery extends thirty-one miles from the base of Philpott Dam downstream past Martinsville to the Mitchell Bridge. Their presentation is hosted by Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) and is open to the public.

SRTU will also provide reports and summaries of chapter activities during the past year. Elections for 2015 leadership roles will also be held.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Doug

Al

Quote from: steelrain202 on November 25, 2014, 21:23:24 PM
Is this open to all TU members? I have never fished the Smith and would love to learn more.

Yes, by all means it is open to anyone who has an interest in the Smith River Fishery - You do not have to be a member of TU, it is open to the public.

We meet in a back room at Raina's - They serve good food and cold beverages.

driver

I would be interested in hearing what they have to say as well. What time does this usually wrap up? I need to be in Cape Charles sometime later that night.

Al

Quote from: driver` on November 26, 2014, 21:06:07 PM
I would be interested in hearing what they have to say as well. What time does this usually wrap up? I need to be in Cape Charles sometime later that night.

We should have it all wrapped up by 8:30 or 9:00 sometimes earlier. Depends on questions. We'll move things right along because the next day is a workday.

Dougfish

Bump!

Good meeting coming up for Smith River fans/martyrs.

Al

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 27, 2014, 14:35:49 PM
Are you doing an overnighter at the cabin or a day trip?

I suspect you are there now.

I may roll up on Saturday this weekend if I pop a deer tomorrow.

Only staying Thursday night then off to Roxboro / Durham area to help with another Wounded Warrior hunt. If I get through this week without dropping a ball or two it will be a miracle.

Al

Copy and paste from original start of this thread - this is a chance for all you folks who have been wondering what all the buzzzz is about to get ahead of the learning curve.

What's Happening With The Smith River Trout Fishery?

George Palmer and Scott Smith, fisheries biologists with the Virginia Department Game and Inland Fisheries (VDGIF) will summarize the latest studies concerning the health of the Smith River Trout Fishery on Thursday, December 4, 2014, 6:30 pm at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville. The Smith River trout fishery extends thirty-one miles from the base of Philpott Dam downstream past Martinsville to the Mitchell Bridge. Their presentation is hosted by Smith River Trout Unlimited (SRTU) and is open to the public.

SRTU will also provide reports and summaries of chapter activities during the past year. Elections for 2015 leadership roles will also be held.

Contact me if you have any questions.

Doug

Al

Quote from: troutfanatic on December 03, 2014, 20:21:02 PM
Hope it was good. I don't even get the emails anymore... shit maybe I had my affiliation dumped? Had I known sooner, I coulda dumped work and showed up.

I will check with Doug - he is keeper of email list. Maybe all he has is military address - they sometimes get filtered out as spam when they get a mass mailing. I'll get it fixed.

driver

Couldn't make it. How did it go? What's their plan of action?

Dougfish

Went well. Good chit.
PM me an email address and you'll get a report.