News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

New guy

Started by Casting_for_GOD, November 05, 2014, 12:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Casting_for_GOD

Howdy folks.

my name is Felix. I am not sure what is going on here, but I think the site has been hacked. I am getting some really angry messages and having a heck of a time navigating the site.

I just retired this summer and hoping to get some more time in fishing.

I'll be back later with some better info and hopefully some pictures. I see that is pretty big around here, but I don't take too many pictures when I go fishing.

regards,
Felix
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?"

Michael Toris

Such a poor troll attempt

Jfey

Hi Felix. Sorry about the trouble you are having.  Maybe its a sign from above.
Yup, going fishing

Big J

I have my guess on who this is. . . . .

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Casting_for_GOD on November 05, 2014, 12:33:21 PM

I am not sure what is going on here

Me either. 

I don't know why I bother still trying to figure it out.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

There are no Andrews or Simon Peters here.  In fact this might be the largest den of anti-disciples ever assembled. 

I think this guy may be lost, if his intention is to make any of us fishers of men.   
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Casting_for_GOD

I don't understand. Have I done something wrong or is this a private forum?

I was hoping to meet folks who like to fish in VA and NC.

There is an awful lot of hostility here.
"Which of you fathers, if your son asks for a fish, will give him a snake instead?"

Casting_for_GOD

Quote from: wildmttrout on November 05, 2014, 12:58:09 PM

I am not sure why you would think I am a troll. Have I done something wrong?
I saw the other posts and I understand. You want pictures of fish to prove I am not a troll. I am working on that. I have to scan them because I don't own a digital camera. My grandson does. We are planning to fish the Davidson River this month. Maybe I can get him to take some pics.

Casting_for_GOD

Quote from: Big J on November 05, 2014, 13:09:21 PM
I have my guess on who this is. . . . .

I am Felix. have we met? Do you go to the Fly Fishing show in February?

Michael Toris

Quote from: Casting_for_GOD on November 06, 2014, 16:48:22 PM

I saw the other posts and I understand. You want pictures of fish to prove I am not a troll. I am working on that. I have to scan them because I don't own a digital camera. My grandson does. We are planning to fish the Davidson River this month. Maybe I can get him to take some pics.

See, that is where your troll breaks down. Your troll is too obvious now.

No grandpa, who does not even own a digital camera, understands what an Internet message board troll is from the context of my post alone. Google doesn't help in this case either because knowing the definition and how it is applied are mutually exclusive in this scenario.

bad troll is bad

Casting_for_GOD

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 05, 2014, 19:54:52 PM
uh... OK

I like the Jesus. I am one those Yankee Carpetbagger Catholics- Michael the Archangel is my patron. That is no relation to Michael the Saffa. If you need advice on bluelines, he's your dude.

is that moniker like let he who is without sin, cast the first stone?
Lots of stone casting in this joint.

You still have to pony up with the titties and beer.

I am glad you accept our savior. I don't look down on Catholicism or people from the north. I lived in Maine for a few years.

I don't think I need any advice on finding blue lines, but I would love some fishing buddies. Is Transylwader a good fellow?

I see your analogy of casting stones and I do agree. This is very hostile.

I'll have to pass on alcohol. I found Christ after I almost drank myself to death and ruined my marriage.

I do like titties, but I would think that is inappropriate for a fly fishing forum.

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on November 05, 2014, 18:47:12 PM
There are no Andrews or Simon Peters here.  In fact this might be the largest den of anti-disciples ever assembled. 

I think this guy may be lost, if his intention is to make any of us fishers of men.   

I am a firm believer that we can all be saved.

Quote from: Shiite or Shinola on November 05, 2014, 19:57:41 PM
I look for many fine posts to come about your favorite bible verses and what color indicator you should use with a 5wt.

Is that humor? I only ask because you used a Muslim word in your screen name. Are you a Muslim? I have many friends who are Muslims. I once worked in the United Arab Emirates and later in Egypt. They are beautiful places, but far too dangerous now.

Casting_for_GOD

Quote from: wildmttrout on November 06, 2014, 16:53:45 PM

No grandpa, who does not even own a digital camera, understands what an Internet message board troll is from the context of my post alone. Google doesn't help in this case either because knowing the definition and how it is applied are mutually exclusive in this scenario.

bad troll is bad

wild mountain trout,
I fully understand what a troll is and I promise you, I am not one. I don't own a digital camera because I don't care about photography. I worked in the IT industry for 30 years, so I am a little bit tech-savvy.

I am sorry you don't believe me.

I will find some pictures

Casting_for_GOD

I guess that is what it comes down to. I did not post pictures.

If there is some other rite of passage I must make, please let me know. I would really like to join the team.

regards,

Felix

Michael Toris

Quote from: Casting_for_GOD on November 06, 2014, 17:05:30 PM
Quote from: wildmttrout on November 06, 2014, 16:53:45 PM

bad troll is bad

wild mountain trout,
I fully understand what a troll is and I promise you, I am not one. I don't own a digital camera because I don't care about photography. I worked in the IT industry for 30 years, so I am a little bit tech-savvy.

I am sorry you don't believe me.

I will find some Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Casting_for_GOD

I am going to for now. My daughter just arrived with my dinner.

Have a blessed evening.

Felix