News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Yea, George would make a great role model for your grandkids. Who has automatic weapons Teddy? Your lack of knowledge is astounding. Scared of guns aren't you?

People are violent. Sticks, knives, fist, they will find a way.

Prison is a perfect example. No one has a gun but they sure find a way to kill each other.

Violent people preying on weaker people. It's gone on since the beginning of time. Long before guns ever came into the picture.

No one is making any of you get a gun. Wanna be a victim, that's your choice. Last one here turn out the lights on your way out.  /"\
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

troutboy_II

Well, you told me, didn't you!  Kinda made my point for me. Thanks for telling us the solution. When will it start working?

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I've carried a firearm every other day, and on several Sundays since 8 April.  And I feel like a victim, a victim of being outwitted, outmaneuvered, out hustled by a bird with a pea sized brain.  Only once this season did I outsmart Mr. Gobbler and make use of my firearm.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: troutboy_II on May 08, 2023, 12:01:47 PMWell, you told me, didn't you!  Kinda made my point for me. Thanks for telling us the solution. When will it start working?

TB

No, and no. I just wanted to know who had all the automatic weapons you spoke of?

Get Troutgirl to get you up early tomorrow so you can be on time for once. I'm tired of waiting on you every morning. I'm gonna leave you and you'll have to walk to school through "that neighborhood". d:b  :laugh:  Is that an echo I hear?

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

There have been more than 200 mass shootings so far this year

Mass shootings — where four or more people, not including the shooter, are injured or killed — have averaged more than one per day in 2023, according to data from the Gun Violence Archive. Not a single week has passed without at least four mass shootings.

You cannot view this attachment.

Mass shootings have been on the rise in recent years. In 2022, 647 such incidents occurred, down from a year before but higher than any other year since the Gun Violence Archive started tracking in 2014.

There have already been 202 mass shootings in 2023 in the United States, more than any other year when compared with the same period.

https://wapo.st/3nDZbSy
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

jwgnc

My FIL died a couple years ago and my wife inherited 50% of his belongings. We haven't been able to travel and just yesterday picked up some things in TN.  We haven't looked through everything yet, but I see six handguns. So far I see a Browning semi-auto 9mm, S&W 357 Magnum, and a S&W 38 Special.  We never knew he had any guns!  

Seems the easiest way to liquidate is through a dealer - but that "easy" would cut into the $$$.  Any ideas?

He was really a knife guy. Looks like around 1,000 knives - mostly Case pocket knives, lots of bone handles.
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

I sold my brother's handguns to a dealer (quick and easy) and his collection of Arisaka rifles to a collector who took the entire lot.
me -There's a season?

Big J

Quote from: jwgnc on June 07, 2023, 17:49:30 PMMy FIL died a couple years ago and my wife inherited 50% of his belongings. We haven't been able to travel and just yesterday picked up some things in TN.  We haven't looked through everything yet, but I see six handguns. So far I see a Browning semi-auto 9mm, S&W 357 Magnum, and a S&W 38 Special.  We never knew he had any guns! 

Seems the easiest way to liquidate is through a dealer - but that "easy" would cut into the $$$.  Any ideas?

He was really a knife guy. Looks like around 1,000 knives - mostly Case pocket knives, lots of bone handles.

Find a shop that'll do consignment.  Shop around and find one that has the lowest percentage fee.  They take a cut of the proceeds, but you'll get more out of them than selling them directly to shop or a pawn shop. 

Phil

^^ Big J is right. Also, you had better do some research on the model #s, serial #s, etc. of your S&W pistols -- if the .357 and .38 special are older "pre-lock" models and in good shape, they are worth quite a bit of $$.

trout-r-us

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

jwgnc

Thanks all.  

The research is underway; S&W doesn't make it easy.  Didn't know what pre-lock was, but thankfully the S&Ws have no Hillary Holes.  One of the 38s is a Colt Agent - which looks pretty pricey at Gun Broker.

There are a lot of guns at the online sites where the Seller is just too proud, and has no bids.

The most surprising one is this little Bauer 25 "Automatic".  It would fit in my hip pocket.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Phil

Quote from: jwgnc on June 09, 2023, 13:47:35 PMThanks all. 

The research is underway; S&W doesn't make it easy.  Didn't know what pre-lock was, but thankfully the S&Ws have no Hillary Holes.  One of the 38s is a Colt Agent - which looks pretty pricey at Gun Broker.

There are a lot of guns at the online sites where the Seller is just too proud, and has no bids.

The most surprising one is this little Bauer 25 "Automatic".  It would fit in my hip pocket.

Don't bother with that .25 pocket pistol -- the Bauer is a jam-o-matic.  You have a Colt Agent .38?? Man, that will get you some serious cash.

Big J

Quote from: jwgnc on June 09, 2023, 13:47:35 PMThanks all. 

The research is underway; S&W doesn't make it easy.  Didn't know what pre-lock was, but thankfully the S&Ws have no Hillary Holes.  One of the 38s is a Colt Agent - which looks pretty pricey at Gun Broker.

I enjoy this stuff honestly,  you got any questions and want recommendations on pricing, send me a pm.  Heck, add Phil to it too.

FlyChamps

Yours probably won't bring as much the linked gun without papers but it's worth something more than the $150 Winston-Salem is pissing away for junk or stolen handguns.  The $1K was the price the Bauer sold for.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/973421965