As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on April 01, 2023, 02:44:18 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 31, 2023, 11:19:09 AM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 30, 2023, 23:36:16 PMI keep hoping they will eliminate the requirement for CC permits.

Interesting.  I suppose it is an unfair inconvenience to require a permit to adoringly carry one's idol.

I know it is a rhetorical question, but what is this world coming to?

About half of the states in the US have already eliminated the need for a CC permit. NC currently has about 604,737 CC holders. Take the class once, make a one time payment, and make the permit good for as long as the holder meets the requirements to own a hand gun.

If half of the states statistic is true, then we might want to question the power of the firearms/ammo industry, our priorities, and our devotion to guns.

I wonder who follows the sanity of the permit holder after they've obtained their one-time permit.  Are there follow up checks?  In VA the permits expire, and checks are required for renewal. 

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

FYI a store in Burlington has sold around 125 handguns in the last 3 days under the new law
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Onslow

Some have said the decriminalization of drugs would make the world a better and safer place. That ended well.  More hand guns will result in more gun theft, more crime.  Guns are obviously break-in bait, and when one bloviates about their gun stash, they're simply not smart enough to understand they've made themselves a target of armed home invasion.

Gun toting is so casual, some forget it is a felony to bring guns to school in a vehicle or state park.  Some have come to pick up their kids at school open carrying, then promptly get arrested, and charged with a felony.  After all of this, liberal drug policies and gun policies, we bemoan the fact there are few employable people.  Between the gun felony charges, and peeps not being able to pass a drug test, it is no wonder NC has an acute job participation problem. 

When I was a young man, people with pot issues or those with records would find work in residential construction, and life would go on.  Now, many of those jobs are being performed by Latinas and Latinos, and many of them are getting paid handsomely. It is really sad, but it seems that many Whites are simply too dumb to exist, and are not smart enough to connect the dots. They think they are smart, and better than their darker counterparts, lol.

In America, we have the right to be dumb, entitled, and insufferable.  Just because we have those rights means we should be that.

trout-r-us

Quote from: Onslow on April 02, 2023, 06:26:54 AMIt is really sad, but it seems that many Whites are simply too dumb to exist, but are not smart enough to connect the dots. They think they are smart, and better than their darker counterparts,

Unfortunately white supremacy has been a hallmark in our country since the get go, and it seems many still proclaim those same beliefs and practices as a way of honoring their ancestral heritage.
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

As the handgun sales have tapered off at this one store from 35 a day to around 12 it has come to light that about 1/3 of the customers were surprised that they still had to have NICS background check. They were under the impression that the new NC law eliminated all checks. The number of purchase denials was also higher than average go figure. 
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

idiot youtuber Taanner Cook tries to prank an armed idiot who shot him.

Tanner Cook, 21, remained in the intensive care unit the next day with his mother by his side after one bullet pierced through his stomach and liver.

The Loudoun County Sheriff's Office did not publicly identify Tanner Cook, but court documents and a Loudoun County General District Court judge identified him during the arraignment for the suspect, Alan Colie, 31, of Leesburg.

Officials arrested and charged Colie on Sunday with aggravated malicious wounding, use of a firearm in the commission of a felony and discharging a firearm within a building.

Sheriff Mike Chapman said the shooting was a result of a fight that broke out in the food court between both men. The gunfire caused panic among mallgoers.

A video recorded by Instagram user @thisismyu5ername captured Colie being arrested on the ground.

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

And the children continue to suffer.

That's when Allison grabbed his gun and fired, hitting Hale's 5-year-old daughter in the lower leg. Allison later told police he was aiming at the lower rear truck bed.
"After he shot, my daughter is screaming," Hale told police.

"So Hale grabbed his own gun from his center console and emptied the Glock 43, firing seven to eight rounds at Williams' car, Hale told police.
One of the bullets hit Williams' 14-year-old daughter in the back."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/2-dads-exchanged-gunfire-florida-090510812.html
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I wonder if we, as a nation, have become numb to these evils?  Is emotionless now the norm? 

I've been in the woods chasing turkeys and have not paid attention to the latest news, but these recent atrocities are alarming, just like all the previous killings.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/mass-shootings-days-2023-database-shows/story?id=96609874

trout-r-us

—
"A 20-year-old woman was shot and killed Saturday after she and three others accidentally turned into the wrong driveway while looking for a friend's house in rural upstate New York, authorities said."

The shooting happened just days after a Black teenager in Kansas City was shot twice by a White homeowner after going to the wrong address to pick up his siblings. In that case, Andrew Lester, 84, opened fire on 16-year-old Ralph Yarl as the teen stood at Lester's front door before any words had been exchanged,"

https://www.cnn.com/2023/04/18/us/woman-shot-wrong-driveway-upstate-new-york/index.html

― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 18, 2023, 14:00:55 PMWorld gone mad!

Are we madder than we were 50 or 100 years ago?  I would speculate, no.

What is the commonality in gun violence and mass shootings?  Guns!!!!!!

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 18, 2023, 14:34:59 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 18, 2023, 14:00:55 PMWorld gone mad!

Are we madder than we were 50 or 100 years ago?  I would speculate, no.

What is the commonality in gun violence and mass shootings?  Guns!!!!!!

Maybe no madder, but clearly exponentially stupider.

trout-r-us

It seems to me that our lawmakers have loosened the reigns with deregulation and laws such as "stand your ground" being expanded to more states. Less instruction, licensing and permitting appears to be the trend.  This approach is 180 degrees from the greater gun control that many citizens think should be our direction. Perhaps the gunslingers are feeling they have the upper hand. And for good reason.
― Heraclitus

Big J

I've been ignoring all your crappy opinions and dumb comments lately, but tax season is officially over and I have time and the current mentality to call all your BS out.  I just had to cancel a greatly looked forward to camping trip because of weather, tax season sucked, I blew out my Knee past weekend (welcome to 30's?), not to mention the million other life issues my family seems to be having in this GLORIOUS 2023.  So listen here you peckerheads that know so little about the actual facts and have such a little grasp of the complex issue, yet repeat emotion filled banter that is void of any truth from The Trace or Gifford Law Center.

From Keiths article
"The AR-15 fires bullets at such a high velocity — often in a barrage of 30 or even 100 in rapid succession — that it can eviscerate multiple people in seconds. A single bullet lands with a shock wave intense enough to blow apart a skull and demolish vital organs. "

They are literally hoping you are ignorant and gullible when stating that information.  The .223/5.56 is considered so underpowered, most states won't let you hunt anything with it besides small game/varmints.  The Army literally is changing to a round that is twice the weight and twice the velocity of .223/5.56 because they aren't happy with the stopping power of the round.  Your grand dads hunting rounds are guaranteed to be have 3-5 times the on target energy.  So the emotional argument that these rounds are extra deadly and scary makes me cringe every time I see a doctor or military general up there pleading with the public with this false argument.  Heck, in Vietnam a lot of the troops complained about how many rounds you had to put into an enemy to drop them.  A lot of them missed/wanted the .308 back.  If you want to argue capacity is too great, do that, but leave out the overpowered high velocity eviscerate multiple people BS.

Trout-rus "Unfortunately white supremacy has been a hallmark in our country since the get go, and it seems many still proclaim those same beliefs and practices as a way of honoring their ancestral heritage."

I don't have much to add here beside WTF are you talking about?  For anything gun control is the "ancestral Heritage" of White Supremacy.  Most of the gun laws on the books trace their way back to white entitled folks scared about people of color obtaining guns so they passed laws to make it harder to obtain guns.  Gun permits so the local sheriff could decide who could and couldn't carry.  Taxes on guns and ammo so poor couldn't afford it. 

Keith "The number of purchase denials was also higher than average go figure. "

According to FBI, around 27% of denials are overturned because they are wrong.  Not every denial is appealed I'm sure because getting a denial appealed is a confusing mess that usually involves a lawyer.  So just statistically speaking, the wrongful denial rating is higher than 27%.  As MLK said, a right delayed is a right denied.  Refer back to above paragraph for some of those rights MLK was talking about.

Mudwall "Are we madder than we were 50 or 100 years ago?  I would speculate, no. What is the commonality in gun violence and mass shootings?  Guns!!!!!!"

You are wrong.  Gun violence per capita in 90's was higher than it is currently.  In 70's-80's it was on par for what it is today.  Difference is social media and news.  It is more heavily reported and people are drastically more vocal on this subject.  Side note, I know for a fact that the gun death numbers today have suicides in them, but I'm unsure if the numbers from the 70's-90's have suicides in them.  Too lazy to research them, so I'll leave my comments as stated, with possibility of todays actually numbers being lower than what they were in past due to data not being apples to apples.

Trout-r-us "It seems to me that our lawmakers have loosened the reigns with deregulation and laws such as "stand your ground" being expanded to more states. Less instruction, licensing and permitting appears to be the trend.  This approach is 180 degrees from the greater gun control that many citizens think should be our direction. Perhaps the gunslingers are feeling they have the upper hand. And for good reason"

Okay, stand your ground laws do not justify a bad shoot.  You have to have an argument that your life or someone elses was threatened.  Most of the cases you all share were unjustified.  Stand your ground law isn't the issue because the law states a life has to be threatened. 

Another point, and the reason I do not believe in blaming an inanimate object, is gun laws really didn't start happening until mob era and civil rights movement.  You look at the history of America and you literally had a period where civilians owned war ships, canons, and heavy artillery. Heck, Full Auto machine guns weren't even heavily banned until 1986!  You telling me that from 1986 where we could buy machine guns, until now where there is 100 times more gun restrictions, that guns are still the issue with this wave of mass shooting at a pace we have never seen?  It couldn't be anything else that has changed in society? The only solution you can think of to a couple generations of monsters that decide to walk into a school and murder children is "must be the guns that are the issue"?  If there isn't a real societal change to American principles and societal issues, removing an inanimate object is not going to stop anything.  Hate, an evil kind of hate that brews inside a person that decides to commit an act like this is not going to be stopped because instead of AR they have to use a shotgun. Or because instead of 30 rounds they have to use a bunch of 10 round mags.  Or because they have to wait an extra week to pass a background check.  How about instead we fix the society to where people are able to actually get the help they need.  Or know someone actually loves them and cares about them.  And it starts in the home.  You raise kids, teach them to be empathetic.  You see a neighbor struggling with something, help them.  You have someone you disagree with, learn to agree to disagree sympathetically (ignore my first paragraph when reading that you peckerheads). 

I feel better.

Still screw 2023.

I need to fish more.

Woolly Bugger

Two teenagers have been arrested in connection with a deadly shooting at a birthday party in Alabama over the weekend where four victims were killed and 32 others were injured.

Ty Reik McCullough, 17, and Travis McCullough, 16, have each been charged with four counts of reckless murder. They have both been charged as adults. The suspects were arrested and officially charged on Tuesday.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/2-arrested-in-shooting-at-birthday-party-that-killed-4/ar-AA1a3XD1?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531&cvid=6d9d2bfb9e7e41b188d3fa833811a3b2&ei=17
me -There's a season?