News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 31, 2021, 22:57:11 PMI looked at trying to buy a 1000 rounds of that fancy ammo today :o  Can anyone loan me a 4-5 hundred till I get my SS check? I get it the 3  Wednesday of the month.

Don't buy 1000 rounds of "fancy" SD ammo right now.  :o  Buy a few 20, 25, or even 50 round boxes and use 'em to keep your carry gun loaded with the "good stuff," and use cheaper fmj for practice. I'm practicing very sparingly right now 'cause that's so expensive as well. Good SD ammo is nearly $2/round, and even practice ammo is $.40-.50/round.  :o

Personally, I doubt ammo will ever go back to pre-pandemic prices.

Big J

Not going to find these prices ever again. Glad I stocked up when I did  :P

You cannot view this attachment.

Phil

I'll take my post back. Just looked up prices on Federal HST for the first time in a while -- they've actually come down. 1000 rounds for about $800. That's a lot better than it was a few months ago.

hcrum87hc

Yeah, prices have come down and supply has gone up pretty good in the past couple of months.  It's a beautiful thing.
Jeremiah 17:7

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: hcrum87hc on September 01, 2021, 13:31:51 PMYeah, prices have come down and supply has gone up pretty good in the past couple of months.  It's a beautiful thing.

A beautiful thing?  No, a boob is a beautiful thing.

My god! What happened to you?" the bartender asked Kelly as he hobbled in on a crutch, one arm in a cast.
"I got in a tiff with Riley."
"Riley? He's just a wee fellow," the barkeep said, surprised. "He must have had something in his hand."
"That he did," Kelly said. "A shovel it was."
"Dear Lord. Didn't you have anything in your hand?"
"Aye, that I did, Mrs. Riley's tit," Kelly said. "And a beautiful thing it was, but not much use in a fight."

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

bmadd

And Mudwall has introduced maybe the most deadly weapon in all of time, the female figure

Trout Maharishi

The only reason I buy a 1k at at time is the break you can often get on 1k. I often will split that with some of my ganster friends that can't legally buy ammo.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 01, 2021, 21:35:48 PMThe only reason I buy a 1k at at time is the break you can often get on 1k. I often will split that with some of my ganster friends that can't legally buy ammo.

I like to ship mine up to Chicago. 
Jeremiah 17:7

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 02, 2021, 08:36:25 AM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on September 02, 2021, 07:32:38 AM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 01, 2021, 21:35:48 PMThe only reason I buy a 1k at at time is the break you can often get on 1k. I often will split that with some of my ganster friends that can't legally buy ammo.

I like to ship mine up to Chicago. 

Chicago, New York, Cali are all good destinations. Fairly easy to triple your money. Buy all the high capacity magazines you can get your hands on too. They go nuts for those round hundred drums and the 30 you can tape together.Thay don't know anything about quality and anything that's vented you can tell them it a suppressor.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on September 01, 2021, 15:12:17 PM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on September 01, 2021, 13:31:51 PMYeah, prices have come down and supply has gone up pretty good in the past couple of months.  It's a beautiful thing.

A beautiful thing?  No, a boob is a beautiful thing.

My god! What happened to you?" the bartender asked Kelly as he hobbled in on a crutch, one arm in a cast.
"I got in a tiff with Riley."
"Riley? He's just a wee fellow," the barkeep said, surprised. "He must have had something in his hand."
"That he did," Kelly said. "A shovel it was."
"Dear Lord. Didn't you have anything in your hand?"
"Aye, that I did, Mrs. Riley's tit," Kelly said. "And a beautiful thing it was, but not much use in a fight."

Every woman on earth has two tits. Not many woman have a thousand rounds of ammo.  :laugh:
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Woolly Bugger

stumbled across this ...

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

Full Harvest Moon Fever

From the gun counter

" Let's just say the highlight of the story came from a 6'2" skinny guy bent over trying to sprint out the store & across the parking lot with a $200 worth of ammo stuffed in his pants. 😱"
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Big J

Good thought provoking watch. Brings up some issues I've forgotten and had not thought of.

Al

The print version of the newspaper called them "victims" - It is likely the fellow who defended his home will be sued for doing so - stay tuned

https://www.fayobserver.com/story/news/2021/10/23/fayetteville-nc-two-killed-alleged-home-invasion-brookstone-lane/6159953001/

Trout Maharishi

Seems the PD is treating it a little different than a self defense situation.
― Charles Bukowski