News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Don

Not gonna lie. Took me about a month of working this set up to get where the G21 would come out smoothly. Like buttah now.
Bianchi 82 paddlelock holster.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login
The faster we go the rounder we get.

Phil

Boy, times have changed. Range day today only consisted of 24 rounds .380 (one handed from pocket draw), 28 rounds 9mm, 28 rounds .45 acp, all from varying distances. Trying to hold on to the ammo I already have since I'm not willing to pay $1-2/round!

hcrum87hc

Quote from: troutrus on March 22, 2021, 06:35:58 AMProbably not a good one to have if there are kids living in the house.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/glock-pistol-disguised-toy-nerf-162839722.html

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that wasn't exactly a nurturing home.  The booger sugar, shrooms, and pot notwithstanding.
Jeremiah 17:7

Al

Ran across the ad for Keller's Riverside Gun Store  -  a little dated but here ya go

https://biggeekdad.com/2011/10/kellers-riverside-store/

My guess is all the gun stores will be doing a booming business after today's announcement by the National Gun Salesman In Chief

Big J

His announcement yesterday was the democrat equivalent of the GOP blowing smoke up their constituents rear ends with their "we support the second amendment".  Just a whole lot of lip service and passing the buck to ATF and DOJ that they know they can't do anything with.  Worse part of it was his ATF nominee. Mr.  Bipartisan picking a Gun Control Group Representative/Employee to run ATF sure screams Bipartisan. 

I'm just mad that he prolonged the ammo shortage another year probably.  Doesn't help that HR 1207 was introduced in House which bans the online sale of ammunition.   b';

Al

Quote from: troutrus on April 15, 2021, 18:39:47 PMProposed test for issuing Tasers and Guns to law enforcement.

🎼🎼🎼🎼"One of these is not like the other." 🎼🎼🎼🎼

No doubt she screwed up and will pay for it. However, this was a relatively small department and in-service training was likely not that great. It was also a high stress moment when the suspect/victim broke restraint and ducked back into his car. Remember he had a warrant for armed robbery. They knew it and were not going to let he drive off - plus they had no idea what he might have come up with from inside the car.

Nope - no way I could be or even want to be a cop today. I've wrestled my share of drunks. I was a reserve officer on a force where my prior wife was a full time cop and responded to a call for assistance for a fight in progress. Rolled up and a big dude had my wife down and was thumping her head on the pavement. I'd probably still be in jail if they had cell phones back in those days.

Dougfish

She was in charge of department training. They failed to move him to the rear of the car, and did not close the door. The officer muffed the cuffs. It was a serious fail, fail, fail. I have stayed in that neighborhood for a clients trade show for five years. I routinely walked the 4-5 blocks to the show venue from my hotel, and back. A relatively black neighborhood. All department officers, predominately white, live outside that community. Policing faces some real issues about representing the constituents.

Meanwhile, also in MN, today a 61 y.o. white guy assaulted a store clerk, a cop, went to his truck, rammed police cars, drove off with a cop hanging on his driver's door and was not tased or shot. Peacefully arrested after chase ended, multiple cops injured, squad cars rammed. Not a good look? 
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Onslow

Quote from: troutrus on April 15, 2021, 18:39:47 PMProposed test for issuing Tasers and Guns to law enforcement.

You cannot view this attachment.

I don't think that taser would fit in an LEO holster.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: troutrus on April 16, 2021, 08:36:58 AM
Quote from: Al on April 15, 2021, 19:43:52 PM

Remember he had a warrant for armed robbery.

Really?

From court TV article where they state, the Wright family is demanding more serious charged be files against Potter. (Assume they want 3rd Degree Murder.)

>>>Police say Wright was pulled over for expired tags, but they sought to arrest him after discovering he had an outstanding warrant. The warrant was for his failure to appear in court on charges that he fled from officers and possessed a gun without a permit during an encounter with Minneapolis police in June.

Note: my bold

My view is that the Rookie Cop flubbed the arrest by not moving Wright away from and close the car door and that Wright put everybody's life in danger when he resisted and attempted to flee. Potter was supervising the officer who was attempting the arrest and watching the suspect. Reasonable to assume that he may have been reaching for a gun in the car.

Tragic mistake on her part for drawing her gun. 

5 years ago, charges might not have even been filed. 2021 Conviction probability: 90%

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Phil

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 16, 2021, 12:39:40 PMMy view is that the Rookie Cop flubbed the arrest by not moving Wright away from and close the car door and that Wright put everybody's life in danger when he resisted and attempted to flee. Potter was supervising the officer who was attempting the arrest and watching the suspect. Reasonable to assume that he may have been reaching for a gun in the car.

Tragic mistake on her part for drawing her gun. 

5 years ago, charges might not have even been filed. 2021 Conviction probability: 90%

I agree 100% with your assessment, Keith.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

The article fails to mention the key stat about defensive uses with Firearms. Which FBI did a study and claims it's between 60,000-2.5 million per year. 39,000 deaths with a firearm with most of those being suicide. You do the math on if we are better with or without.

https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/firearms/fastfact.html

Big J

Me and you have had this discussion before Stephen. America has a mental health issue that it needs to fix. I think mental health issues need to be distigmatized and mental health care needs to be more accessible at all levels, but especially high schools.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on April 17, 2021, 11:11:44 AMThe article fails to mention the key stat about defensive uses with Firearms. Which FBI did a study and claims it's between 60,000-2.5 million per year. 39,000 deaths with a firearm with most of those being suicide. You do the math on if we are better with or without.

https://www.cdc.gov/violenceprevention/firearms/fastfact.html

You may be jumping to a conclusion on the numbers.  The report "indicates a range of 60,000 to 2.5 million defensive gun uses each year" and it notes the varying defensive gun use definitions as, "it is generally defined as the use of a firearm to protect and defend one's self, family, others, and/or property against crime or victimization".  These numbers and variable definition do not mean this many lives were saved.  It likely means anything from saving the family from being killed to running an unarmed trespasser off your land for fishing (my exaggeration).  I don't think all of the 60 grand – 2.5 million is a life saved.  Now are the 39 grand, most self-inflicted, real deaths?

I agree with your next post on mental issues BUT I don't believe we have anymore crazies in the U.S. than other nations.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

I agree. Let's say the number is 1.22 million defensive uses. Right smack in the middle. Let's say 5% of those uses save a life. Still at 61,000 lives saved is almost double the amount loss. As someone in the scientific field you very well know you cannot talk about a solution without evaluating the outcomes on the other side. Some of the defensive uses save a lot of people.