News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Was itching for a test run so hit the range on my lunch break. 120 flawless rounds, 20 of those JHP. Decent accuracy for letting them rip at 15 ft. I like.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Phil

All right, J. 20 feet and in is where it's at. Good shootin'.
Sounds like a good gun.

ryguy

I had a breakfast meeting today, next to a gun store.  Which means I had to visit the gun store after and see if any Sig 365's were in stock.  They were selling the last one.  I got a quick look and it looks awesome.  Felt great, not too small but small enough.  Now I want to shoot one..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

22midge

Had a Glock 19 FDE follow me home today......guess I might keep it
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Phil

Quote from: 22midge on May 11, 2018, 18:09:17 PM

4 inch barrel = distance control for sure. Is it that tan Cerakote finish? Interesting.

Big J

Quote from: ryguy on May 11, 2018, 17:04:22 PM
I had a breakfast meeting today, next to a gun store.  Which means I had to visit the gun store after and see if any Sig 365's were in stock.  They were selling the last one.  I got a quick look and it looks awesome.  Felt great, not too small but small enough.  Now I want to shoot one..

Come on up

Quote from: 22midge on May 11, 2018, 18:09:17 PM

The 19 is a work horse. Now that they have that Ruger PC9 that takes glock mags I've contemplated switching from Sig P320 platform back to Glocks, but we'll see.

Phil

Alright, J. What's the longer term range report on the P365?

Big J

Short answer, Wait another couple months.

Mine has been flawless, but there are two concerns, firing pin dragging on primer and trigger reset spring dragging on mags. Mine has both issues.

Every P365 has primer drag, but the big issue is Sig uses MIM for firing pins and some are breaking. Sig recently beefed up the firing pin and the new firing pin should be shipping in July.

Some of the trigger bar reset springs protrude from frame and are not to spec. The spring hits the mag when compressed. Lots of broken springs at 500 - 1,000 rounds. You can tell if you have this issue by run marks on back right side of magazines. Mine unfortunately has those dreaded rub marks. Therefore I'm going to try and get a replacement spring from Sig and the updated firing pin. Wish Sig wouldn't use consumers for Beta testing....

Phil

Damn, I hate to hear that. Hope it gets worked out to your satisfaction.

ryguy

A buddy of mine just had his ship yesterday from Brownells.  I'd heard about the firing pin issues, had not heard about the other spring issues.  That's a real bummer and I hope they get everything fixed soon.  It is certainly a pistol in high demand...

Big J

MAC had the spring issue. Lots of others have reported it. He did a follow up on what to look for and what exactly happened in another video.

Phil

Just watched the video. Ouch.

ryguy

Slow day at work... watched the video and it mirrors what I have read from others.  I hope any further issues are solved quickly.

Big J

Ended up trading in at a gun store for a new Ruger PC9. Looks like it'll be a fun plinking carbine.

Phil

Sweet looking carbine.  'c;