News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Back to the subject at hand -- I looked at the G43, LC9s, and LC9sPro today at a shop. They didn't have a Shield to look at. Couldn't live fire them.
I'm actually considering the LC9s because of the manual safety. Figure I'll be carrying it sometimes not in a holster (back pocket or fishing vest) and the safety might be a good option. Also liked the feel of the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock. I dunno. Options, options....  :-\

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Yallerhammer on April 19, 2018, 14:39:58 PM
I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.

Not me!  I rather perish by asphyxia, between the creamy mid-aged thighs of our President's hoary concubine, Stormy Daniels.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

FlyFisher22

Quote from: Phil on April 19, 2018, 16:27:04 PM
Back to the subject at hand -- I looked at the G43, LC9s, and LC9sPro today at a shop. They didn't have a Shield to look at. Couldn't live fire them.
I'm actually considering the LC9s because of the manual safety. Figure I'll be carrying it sometimes not in a holster (back pocket or fishing vest) and the safety might be a good option. Also liked the feel of the trigger on the LC9s better than the Glock. I dunno. Options, options....  :-\

I would still hold off to handle the shield, personally.  The thumb safety is an option on the shield as well, although I didn't go that route since I am always in a holster.  Would have to check with Irby/JT, but if they know somewhere acceptable to fire rounds, you are welcome to live fire my shield next month.  I can grab a box of ammo out of the safe to bring along. 

Cam

hcrum87hc

I usually carry my LCP or PPS M1.  The LCP goes with me during the week when I need to be extra inconspicuous, and the PPS goes with me everywhere else.  My wife used to have a Shield.  It was a fine gun, but the grip was too narrow for my liking.  I couldn't get a good purchase on it, and it tended to shift in my hand too much. 

In response to Mudwall's trolling, I just want to know where I can find an American flag Python...
Jeremiah 17:7

Big J

I vote try the shield too.  They can come with and without safety, even though I'd recommend still having it in some kind of holster or pocket holster if you throw it into a pocket or vest. 

They also have a Performance Center Shield if you really want to treat yourself.  Comes with Tritium sights, smoother trigger, and ported barrel.  Fondled one a little while back.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/firearms/performance-center-ported-mp-9-shield-night-sights

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Big J on April 20, 2018, 08:00:41 AM
I vote try the shield too.  They can come with and without safety, even though I'd recommend still having it in some kind of holster or pocket holster if you throw it into a pocket or vest. 

I can't emphasize this enough.  I recommend always carrying in some kind of holster. 
Jeremiah 17:7

Phil

Quote from: hcrum87hc on April 20, 2018, 08:15:48 AM
Quote from: Big J on April 20, 2018, 08:00:41 AM

I can't emphasize this enough.  I recommend always carrying in some kind of holster.

I know, I know. My military training was a long time ago. I wasn't thinking.  b';

Cam, I appreciate the offer, but no firing at Irby's. Liability issues.

FlyFisher22

Yes, I assumed we couldn't start popping off rounds at camp...  Just meant if there was somewhere local. 

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 19, 2018, 20:33:51 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on April 19, 2018, 14:39:58 PM
I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.

Not me!  I rather perish by asphyxia, between the creamy mid-aged thighs of our President's hoary concubine, Stormy Daniels.

No thanks. There's shit up in there that Clorox won't wash off.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Phil

Well, after a few days of shopping/testing, I pulled the trigger and brought home a single-stack today. I like this one very much. It'll serve its purpose.
Shield 9 M2.0 and a Kybex IWB holster. Comfortable and inconspicuous.

Big J

Quote from: Phil on April 26, 2018, 15:43:49 PM
Well, after a few days of shopping/testing, I pulled the trigger and brought home a single-stack today. I like this one very much. It'll serve its purpose.
Shield 9 M2.0 and a Kybex IWB holster. Comfortable and inconspicuous.

Can't go wrong with that.   V:;

Big J

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

This followed me home  8)

Phil

Sweet! I dunno where you found that puppy. The shops around here just laughed when I asked if they had one yet. Be interested in your review after you've put it through the paces....  /'/

ryguy

Awesome!  Bass Pro is advertising them  in their latest circular, although there is probably only 1 in stock..

I second the review after you have shot it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Gander Outdoors got 4 of them in yesterday.  Got the last one.  $499 is the best I've seen.  V:;

Only thing I do not like so far is I have to change my grip to hit the mag release.  If I don't the pressure from palm  on opposite side of handle keeps the reciprocating mag button on that side from pushing out.  Kind of awkward how they made that design. Seems like the would of recessed the cover for the mag release side not in use so it wouldn't protrude when you hit the mag release.  Hard to explain so hope that makes sense. 

On that note too, I like what Camping World is doing to Gander brand.  All the guns were priced good and ammo was excellent.  $9 for a box of brass 9mm.  Gander Mountain NEVER had those prices.