News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlyFisher22

Quote from: Phil on April 18, 2018, 09:03:45 AM
OK, I'll bow to Al's superior knowledge on this one. I've been trying to find a 9mm small enough to really conceal. Never tried the .380 except with regular rounds and wasn't impressed.

Phil, you can play with my S&W Shield in a few few weeks.  I sold my G27 for the shield and haven't looked back, although that Sig does look pretty sweet.
Now if the would just make it DA/SA...

Cam

Big J

Currently 3 private sellers trying to sell the P365. Two want $700 and one wants $720 for it. Free market but I hope they can't sell them

Phil

Quote from: 22midge on April 18, 2018, 09:21:32 AM
what about the G17 ? opinions

Too big for EDC (for me, anyway), but the longer barrel would be nice. You were a shoulder holster guy -- it works for that....

22midge

that's right Phil......armpit jewelry doubles ...Colts-Beretta....Glock
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

ryguy

I like my XD-S in the 4.0.  It works for me being left handed with an ambidextrous mag release.  I do like the G43, and it shot really well. 

I hope nobody pays $700 for the 365, all they need to do is wait and they can order one for $200 less!

So many options!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Al

Quote from: Yallerhammer on April 18, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
Ruger LC9s, hands down. I've carried mine on the beach in swimming trunks and a tshirt without even a belt.

In addition to a Ruger LCP  .380  I have a Ruger LC9s pro in 9mm.  It is larger than the LCP but depending on what I am wearing it is my go-to gun. I really love the trigger.  My .380 is not the II model and trigger is real stiff. Has anyone had both and how does the II compare to the original trigger.

Big J

Quote from: Al on April 18, 2018, 22:21:15 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on April 18, 2018, 09:12:30 AM
Ruger LC9s, hands down. I've carried mine on the beach in swimming trunks and a tshirt without even a belt.

In addition to a Ruger LCP  .380  I have a Ruger LC9s pro in 9mm.  It is larger than the LCP but depending on what I am wearing it is my go-to gun. I really love the trigger.  My .380 is not the II model and trigger is real stiff. Has anyone had both and how does the II compare to the original trigger.

Get the LCP II.  The trigger is hands down one of the best out of box pocket gun triggers (Kahr may have it beat but it is close). The original LCP trigger is what always kept me from getting the LCP.  For a $300 gun, you cannot beat the LCP II.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Conceding a screwed-up position, I am amused with any discussion of which weapon has the best stopping power or is the most comfortable to conceal, by folks that most likely have no first-hand evidence or support (luckily never had to pull the trigger or hopefully never will). 

So, from this 17-18April conversation I was forced to grudgingly recall the numbers.  We have more guns and approximately 80% of us believe in angels, and we might be a tad too paranoid.  Are we the greatest of the great?   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Estimated_number_of_guns_per_capita_by_country

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-nearly-8-in-10-americans-believe-in-angels/

https://www.alternet.org/noam-chomsky-why-americans-are-paranoid-about-everything-including-zombies

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Says the man who moved into the mountains away from society and doesn't fish with me anymore.

What did you do with that shotgun with the sights off Hiner? Did you send it back?

Big J

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I just had to message him.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on April 19, 2018, 09:31:32 AM
Says the man who moved into the mountains away from society and doesn't fish with me anymore.

What did you do with that shotgun with the sights off Hiner? Did you send it back?

No, I put a TruGlo Multireticle sight on it and now have a good pattern with the new combination 5,6, and 7 loads, out to ~ 40 yards. 

Missed a turkey on Sat.  – came down with  a bad case of turkey fever – trembling like a 15 year old boy on his first date – plus I really miscalculated the distance – added to the surprise that I actually called the peckerwood close – learning experience.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: 22midge on April 18, 2018, 09:21:32 AM
what about the G17 ? opinions

It's a fine pistol. I prefer the mid-sized ones like the 19 or 23 for EDC, though. I've toted a G23 every day for years, and love it. I have no idea why everybody thinks a pistol has to be a little tiny thing the size of a soda cracker to comfortably CC? Half of those little things I couldn't get enough grip on to hit the broad side of a barn.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Let me see if I can get a 3rd strike.  Damn, you machosexuals are predictable!

Big J

I hope when we are sitting around the campfire you use some of these same arguments.  There are so many holes in these arguments/propaganda that it is like watching the 1919 World Series.

Also, can someone be non violently killed with a gun?

Yallerhammer

Freedom is scary to sheep people. I'd much rather be stabbed or acid-washed in London.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff