For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

Buying a new shotgun as I type V:;

bmadd

Grannyknot

bmadd, very nice.
My dad got a super black eagle a few years back.
He had always shot modest guns for his whole life and finally decided to spoil himself.
He loves it & has been known to clean it in the blind between flocks.
They went to Kansas last year.  Everyone flew, but he elected to drive by himself to avoid the airline touching it.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

bmadd

Traded in a Browning Gold for this. Bought the gold when I was 18. It was the waterfowl gun to have then. 3 1/2" chamber, camo the whole nine. I was dumb then. Bought it without ever shouldering the gun. It never fit me good and I could never shoot consistently with it.
This gun fits great. It's not near as heavy and will be much easier to clean. The wood will need a little extra attention but will have much more character than a camo gun that chips. Only a 3" chamber but that's all I've shot the last 4 years anyway.

tomato can

that montefeltro is a nice gun.  I almost got one of those.  I ended up getting a berretta al391 cause it fit better.  I'll have to post some pics when I can remember the combo to my gun safe.  Been vexing me for days...

rbphoto

I, too, appreciate fine firearms and have a few.  My AL391 Teknys is out for Cerakoting right now, so I'll post pics upon return to my hands. 
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

rbphoto

Quote from: troutfanatic on November 08, 2014, 18:22:00 PM
Quote from: rbphoto on November 07, 2014, 22:27:36 PM
I, too, appreciate fine firearms and have a few.  My AL391 Teknys is out for Cerakoting right now, so I'll post pics upon return to my hands.

Cerakote...

I knew there was a reason why I like you.

I cerakote my knives.

I wanted to send it out for Ionbond, but Cerakote was less expensive and local.

I hope to have my 92FS frame koted for my oldest son before I get the front sight drilled for fiber optic.  It will be his 21st b-day present, along with a few of the goodies from the Wilson Combat shop.
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Phil

Just for old times sake, I'd like to buy a M60. My favorite gun. Point and shoot everything.

benben reincarnated

This to me is the fuck all of guns.

The Dude

Quote from: Phil on November 09, 2014, 17:46:39 PM
Just for old times sake, I'd like to buy a M60. My favorite gun. Point and shoot everything.

One M-60 could change the tide of a small arms battle. Just the presence of one with you is a comforting feeling, but I always felt like you couldn't get the full use out of them because the barrel got hot too fast with those tracer rounds and even with two barrels it was like the sumbitch would be glowing red hot just about the time you got going good. I never fired the 240B to see what it was like.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: The Dude on November 10, 2014, 06:49:21 AM
..... the barrel got hot too fast

I suppose you can make the barrel hot on most any firearm.

My first deer:  There was almost a foot of snow on the ground.  My dad and I split up, planning to meet later that afternoon.  While sneaking along a white oak flat I caught a motion to my right.  It was a respectable buck (6 pts.).  I took a shot, and as the buck ran past I emptied the 94, clicking an empty chamber, and spotting a dangling front leg.  I reloaded and yes, the barrel was hot!  The trail was easy to follow in the snow; I slipped up behind the animal and put one in its neck.  My dad backtracked to see that I was ok.  His first words, before he saw the dead animal, were 'who with an automatic was shooting'.  Then after seeing the deer, and a brief, I mean very fleeting, 'well done', he proceeded to sternly tutor me on the downsides of firing willy-nilly.   

To this day, I am a piss-poor shot with a rifle.  I still enjoy lever actions and even bolts, but if I want to hit anything it needs to be with a single shot.  It is impossible to get a single shot to sound and feel like a hot barreled automatic. 

Recollecting those wonderful kid days.  Peace.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Phil

The main problem with the M60 was that the bandoleers would tend to jam. If ya carved up a C-rat can just right, it would fit right into the feedway and prevent the thing from jamming. I never cared about the barrel getting too hot. Screw that. The least of my worries at the time. It was a love/hate relationship, but was a good gun.

Michael Toris

I like pre-64 Winchester model 70 ' and belgium brownings. Own a couple. They are never shot and babied.

Michael Toris

Them damn black guns are toys. Lol. If it ain't a shotgun, it should have a fucking walnut stock and a bolt/lever. Lol are you little boys with your little plastic toys.

Michael Toris

Lol. No they don't Andrew. They have plastic