News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sanjuanwormhatch

Honestly don't know.  In medical records, yes, obviously but those would be protected by HIPAA.  In short, don't know.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I'd give my left testicle, because I don't really need it nor do I have $2300, for this rifle.

http://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/the-henry-original/

Speaking of testicles, check them regularly.  Peace.

http://adsoftheworld.com/media/TV/mcac_rhian_touches_herself

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Grannyknot

troutfanatic, those old guns are very cool.
I have 2 old shotguns, always wanted to start a collection, but just can't afford them right now.
Worst thing is, I'm afraid to shoot them. 
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

bmadd

What scatterguns you got Granny?

I'll try to get pictures up of mine later. I was wrong earlier when I said my Winchester was a model 12, it's the predecessor - Model 1897.

Also, going to look today for a new shotgun. Out with the old and in with something new I hope.

sanjuanwormhatch

I love some old shotguns.  Used to browse all the gun auction sites for days on end looking at some of those guns.

Grannyknot

Quote from: bmadd on November 06, 2014, 09:28:07 AM
What scatterguns you got Granny?

I'll try to get pictures up of mine later. I was wrong earlier when I said my Winchester was a model 12, it's the predecessor - Model 1897.

Also, going to look today for a new shotgun. Out with the old and in with something new I hope.

I really don't know much about them.
One is a side by side Winchester model 21 from the 1930s.
The other is a Long Tom 16ga from, we think, from somewhere around 1910ish.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

The "old" is now in!  The old and the old style now have panache!  SJWH, bmadd, and Granny like old scatter guns, Doug likes old reels, and I like old camping/fishing equipment and timeworn gals.  Every pipe break I visit my pickup and fondle my Trapper Nelson pack; we have bonded.  And my wicker creel w/ leather harness is on its way  --- can then caress with each hand. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

sanjuanwormhatch

The model 21 might be worth something.  No idea on the other.  But that doesn't mean much because I'm far from an expert.

Grannyknot

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on November 06, 2014, 10:26:13 AM
The model 21 might be worth something.  No idea on the other.  But that doesn't mean much because I'm far from an expert.

The model 21 probably isn't worth much.  Its not in great shape, and dad mentioned he thought a piece or 2 had been replaced on it.
The long tom definitely isn't worth anything.  It was a sears & roebuck sold gun, mass produced by a company not known for quality.
I mainly just bought it because of some extremely dorky regional history behind it.  A man named Anthony Gregory is holding one in my avatar.

bmadd

Long Tom looks to be around $300 at best. The Model 21 could be very valuable depending on shape, a quick search shows some going for $20k+.

My older guns aren't very collectable. They were made to hunt, and hunted hard they were. Most of them were cheap, massly made guns with lots still in circulation. The Remington Model 11 20 gauge I picked out of my late grandfather's collection after he passed. I'm going to preserve it and it will be my new dove gun. The Winchester 1897 was my wife's grandfather's gun. He used it to put food on the table for his family during the depression. The old Ithaca Hammerless sxs is a little bit of a mystery. It's from the inlaws as well. Believed to be my wife's great grandfather's gun. I'd like to restore it. It's in bad shape.

sanjuanwormhatch

Couldn't that Ithaca sxs be worth something? 

Let's hear more on this Anthony Gregory fella.

Grannyknot

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on November 06, 2014, 10:51:53 AM

He is a descendant of Russell Greogry of cades cove.  Blah blah blah for about 3 hours.....don't want to put you to sleep.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Grannyknot on November 06, 2014, 10:59:59 AM

He is a descendant of Russell Greogry of cades cove.  Blah blah blah for about 3 hours.....don't want to put you to sleep.

So your TN roots run fairly deep then I assume. 

Grannyknot

Quote from: benben on November 06, 2014, 11:10:16 AM
Quote from: Grannyknot on November 06, 2014, 10:59:59 AM

So your TN roots run fairly deep then I assume.

No not really.  Regional history is just a hobby of mine.

bmadd

The Ithaca is in terrible shape. It's not worth much anyway, best ones on gunbroker are going $5-600. It's an old gun though. Best I can tell, since it's pre-serial number, puts it made between 1897-1903.