News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

What a garbage opinion when it comes to saying he should of followed the rules and obeyed when he literally saved many people.

Also you are going to have to show me that "right to operate in a gun free zone" in the constitution. Never have seen that right we were given.

While we are on the topic, my opinion is if you have a no gun sign up I think you should be liable for the safety of every individual in your facility and put safe guards to do so since signs do absolutely nothing. If you disarm the citizens in your facility you are basically removing their ability to self defense and in return guaranteeing you will provide it. You in return should be liable for any mass shooting events that happen when you assume that liability.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on July 21, 2022, 07:02:34 AMWhile we are on the topic, my opinion is if you have a no gun sign up I think you should be liable for the safety of every individual in your facility and put safe guards to do so since signs do absolutely nothing. If you disarm the citizens in your facility you are basically removing their ability to self defense and in return guaranteeing you will provide it. You in return should be liable for any mass shooting events that happen when you assume that liability.

Big J, I love you man, but this might be the most warped idea I've ever heard.  Have you started drinking or hitting the ganji? 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

hcrum87hc

Quote from: trout-r-us on July 20, 2022, 14:16:35 PM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on July 19, 2022, 13:29:47 PMAnd some want the 22 yo to be punished for carrying legally in a posted location.  Unreal.

Not sure what punished means in this case, but if he's not charged, business proprietors could lose their right to operate in a gun free zone.
Tough call. 🤔

So, in Indiana, like most states, those signs have no legal weight UNLESS you're discovered to be carrying and are asked to leave.  Therefore, he broke no laws, and therefore will not, and should not be charged.  The operator of the mall, Simon, actually thanked him in their statement and gave him credit for saving lives.  Also, there is no "right" to operate in a gun free zone.

I'm with J.  I can't imagine someone actually wanting or hoping for him to be charged after he just saved who knows how many lives.  Mind boggling.
Jeremiah 17:7

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 21, 2022, 07:27:22 AM
Quote from: Big J on July 21, 2022, 07:02:34 AMWhile we are on the topic, my opinion is if you have a no gun sign up I think you should be liable for the safety of every individual in your facility and put safe guards to do so since signs do absolutely nothing. If you disarm the citizens in your facility you are basically removing their ability to self defense and in return guaranteeing you will provide it. You in return should be liable for any mass shooting events that happen when you assume that liability.

Big J, I love you man, but this might be the most warped idea I've ever heard.  Have you started drinking or hitting the ganji? 

How so? If you are saying I can't bring a firearm into a store you are basically telling me this place is so safe and you do not need it.

Statistically, the vast majority of mass shootings happen in "gun free zones". Greenwood mall shooting was in a "gun free zone". Luckily there was someone there who did not follow that stupid rule. Knowing how much more likely a shooting will happen in a "gun free zone" the owner of facility either needs to take extra steps to insure customer's safety or not be a "gun free zone".

Big J

https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/national/firearms-injuries-and-deaths-occuring-at-record-rates-data-reveals/ar-AA11ibcR

It's shocking that gun related crime, injuries, and homicides go up when you ban and confiscate guns.  Almost like criminals don't follow laws and have less to deter them....or something.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I ordered one of these (Kel Tec PMR-30 in olive) after shooting my sons.  I don't really like autos but this one is so light, likes the cci, safe for me if none in chamber, 30 round clip so even a piss poor shot like me might hit a coyote or bear (up close).

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on November 20, 2022, 10:44:26 AMI ordered one of these (Kel Tec PMR-30 in olive) after shooting my sons.  I don't really like autos but this one is so light, likes the cci, safe for me if none in chamber, 30 round clip so even a piss poor shot like me might hit a coyote or bear (up close).

Stop shooting your sons!
"Why don't you knock it off with them negative waves? Why don't you dig how beautiful it is out here?
 Why don't you say something righteous and hopeful for a change? "
Kelly's Heroes,1970

"I don't wanna go to hell,
But if I do,
It'll be 'cause of you..."
Strange Desire, The Black Keys, 2006

Woolly Bugger

PIEDMONT TRIAD NEWS
WATCH: Car drives through gun store in Lexington robbery: police

There has been a string of gun shop burglaries is the last several weeks. 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Woolly Bugger

previous incidents

Surveillance video shows burglars ransack Pilot Mountain gun store after car rams entrance

me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

Yadkinville gun store broken into second time, suspects came through ceiling

me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

Yadkinville gun store reacts after 4 arrests made in store's robbery

me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

They good boys, they just need a few more programs to keep them out of trouble. :laugh:  :P
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

FlyChamps

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on November 21, 2022, 17:57:01 PMThey good boys, they just need a few more programs to keep them out of trouble. :laugh:  :P

Yep, the program they need is penal servitude of 100+ years each.  That'd keep them out of trouble for a while.

Trout Maharishi

We knew years ago about these kinds of criminals and were on the right tract. What happened?
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Hard to believe the gun peddlers aren't required to secure their inventory. It ain't like this is a new problem. 🤨

https://search.yahoo.com/search?p=gun+shops+required+to+secure+property&fr=yfp-t-s&fr2=p%3Afp%2Cm%3Asa%2Cct%3Asa%2Ckt%3Anone&ei=UTF-8&fp=1
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus