Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 28, 2022, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on February 28, 2022, 09:01:31 AM
Quote from: Onslow on February 24, 2022, 21:37:52 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 24, 2022, 20:48:48 PMNotes from the gun shop today:

"Do you still have guns?" was the number one phone call....

They expect to have a record sales week...

A gun is not edible, nor will it grow food. We are more at risk of food supply disruptions than being shot by Russians or Chinese.

While this is true, and I 100% agree with you, if food supply disruptions got bad enough, it wouldn't hurt to have a gun to protect any stockpiled food if someone who didn't prepare decides they want it.

Those that did not prepare, foodwise, likely will have a gun also.An even better reason to ensure you have one and are trained in its use. 
Presenting them will a sack of P&J sandwiches and a can of Spam might work better. It may, until they eat all of that and decide they want more.  Appeasement doesn't usually work, but if that's the route you choose, have at it.  What would Jeremiah do?
Well trolled.  I know you're just looking for a rise, but I'll entertain you anyways. 

Funny you bring Jeremiah up.  I think he would be disgusted by what our culture and world have become and would vehemently be warning us of the consequences.  That whole book is very applicable to our country these days...

There's a fundamental difference between giving willingly and having the sustenance for your family's survival taken by force.  I know what Timothy said about providing for your relatives and household, and what Solomon said about those that prepare for difficult times and those that don't... 

I'm also well aware of what is said in the Bible about giving to the needy/poor along with what is said about thieves.

Jeremiah 17:7

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: hcrum87hc on March 02, 2022, 09:42:10 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on February 28, 2022, 09:45:09 AM
Quote from: hcrum87hc on February 28, 2022, 09:01:31 AM
Quote from: Onslow on February 24, 2022, 21:37:52 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on February 24, 2022, 20:48:48 PMNotes from the gun shop today:

"Do you still have guns?" was the number one phone call....

They expect to have a record sales week...

A gun is not edible, nor will it grow food. We are more at risk of food supply disruptions than being shot by Russians or Chinese.

While this is true, and I 100% agree with you, if food supply disruptions got bad enough, it wouldn't hurt to have a gun to protect any stockpiled food if someone who didn't prepare decides they want it.

Those that did not prepare, foodwise, likely will have a gun also.An even better reason to ensure you have one and are trained in its use. 
Presenting them will a sack of P&J sandwiches and a can of Spam might work better. It may, until they eat all of that and decide they want more.  Appeasement doesn't usually work, but if that's the route you choose, have at it.  What would Jeremiah do?
Well trolled.  I know you're just looking for a rise, but I'll entertain you anyways. 

Funny you bring Jeremiah up.  I think he would be disgusted by what our culture and world have become and would vehemently be warning us of the consequences.  That whole book is very applicable to our country these days...

There's a fundamental difference between giving willingly and having the sustenance for your family's survival taken by force.  I know what Timothy said about providing for your relatives and household, and what Solomon said about those that prepare for difficult times and those that don't... 

I'm also well aware of what is said in the Bible about giving to the needy/poor along with what is said about thieves.

For a heathen old Muddy sure know a lot about the Bible and it's teaching. I think he's a closet Methodists,
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 03, 2022, 04:16:57 AMFor a heathen old Muddy sure know a lot about the Bible and it's teaching. I think he's a closet Methodists,

I should apologize to hcrum87hc; he was correct, I was trolling.  So, for that offence, I am sorry.  It might behoove me to state I'll never troll again, but that would be a falsehood.  It is like seeing that nice trout rise to the surface in a perfect location in that glide you never fish because it is on posted land.  You can't withstand the impulse to creep across the fence, past the no trespassing signs, and make that cast.  Like trolling it is all in the presentation, the picture-perfect drift.

I do know I ain't heeding old King Solomon.  The dude supposedly had 300 concubines and approximately 700 wives.  Plus, he levied around 30,000 forced laborers [slaves] to build his stuff.  Nope, I ain't listening to what he has to say!

Yes, keen on your part TM.  I was baptized a Methodist as an infant and attended the local church, without missing Sundays, until I was 17 or 18.  I enjoyed the camaraderie and the biblical stories, which were always uplifting, and cherry picked.  But I was always a skeptic and could never understand why the church rarely helped any of the locals in need.  The incredulous scientist in me eventually won, and after investigating the Baptist, Unitarians, and Mormons later in life, I finally surrendered to Seneca's dictum: "Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as foolish, and by the rulers [politicians] as useful."

On the "lust for guns" note:  Spring turkey season is near. I am having trouble finding the Hevi Shot I use but have enough for this season (can't afford the new TSS loads).  Bought my first WV hunting license this year.  Since I am so close to some good WV turkey woods, I thought I'd try to extend the season.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Yallerhammer

Those who beat their swords into plowshares will soon be plowing for those who kept their swords.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

trout-r-us

The bug man mentioned cherry picking Bible verses to produce uplifting stories, then Yaller made his point by digging something up from Ben Franklin's endless list of quotes, and just to show that those who pick can find a quote for every occasion here's one from Matt.
"And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword." (Matthew 26:51-52)"
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Yallerhammer

Quote from: trout-r-us on March 03, 2022, 15:02:15 PMThe bug man mentioned cherry picking Bible verses to produce uplifting stories, then Yaller made his point by digging something up from Ben Franklin's endless list of quotes, and just to show that those who pick can find a quote for every occasion here's one from Matt.
"And suddenly, one of those who were with Jesus stretched out his hand and drew his sword, struck the servant of the high priest, and cut off his ear. Then Jesus said to him, "Put your sword in its place, for all who take the sword will perish by the sword." (Matthew 26:51-52)"
At least I'll perish with my sword in my hand instead of a Starbucks's gluten-free latte. Pry my sword from my cold, dead fingers.  :laugh:

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 03, 2022, 18:52:13 PM
Quote from: trout-r-us on March 03, 2022, 15:02:15 PMThe bug man mentioned cherry picking Bible verses to produce uplifting stories, then Yaller made his point by digging something up from Ben Franklin's endless list of quotes, and just to show that those who pick can find a quote for every occasion here's one from Matt.
At least I'll perish with my sword in my hand instead of a Starbucks's gluten-free latte. Pry my sword from my cold, dead fingers.  :laugh:

You need to go down to the Cove Creek Baptists  Church and renew your faith this Sunday.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 03, 2022, 19:53:54 PM
Quote from: Yallerhammer on March 03, 2022, 18:52:13 PM

You need to go down to the Cove Creek Baptists  Church and renew your faith this Sunday.
It was Liberty and Panther Creek Baptist, thank you. They helt me under in that big hole in Jonathan Creek right below the mouth of Cove Creek iron bridge until the bubbles about quit coming up. It didn't take too good.  :laugh:

Big J

I'll just leave this here

https://reason.com/video/2022/03/03/the-right-to-bear-arms-is-still-a-check-on-tyranny/

"Well, the tree of liberty has not been watered with the blood of patriots," President Joe Biden said in remarks delivered at the White House on June 23, 2021. "What's happened is that there have never been, if you want to, think you need to have weapons to take on the government, you need F-15s and maybe some nuclear weapons."

But now Biden is sending small arms to "Ukraine's front-line defenders," and it turns out that weapons of all sorts can help fight off even a nuclear power.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Too close to home for me.  What the heck is happening?!?!?

I can be in Mill Gap in 25 minutes traveling north and in Covington around 45 minutes south.  I was through Mill Gap last week and in Covington week before.

A good old fist fight does not appear to be the answer anymore.  Any ideas on keeping guns out of the hands of the insane or enraged, or the enraged insane, or the insanely enraged?

https://www.wsls.com/news/local/2022/03/12/man-flown-to-hospital-with-serious-injuries-after-shooting-in-highland-county/

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=covington+va+shooting&view=detail&mid=860D54F16080FE43CB6A860D54F16080FE43CB6A&FORM=VIRE

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on April 22, 2022, 17:04:24 PMWho needs a Glock switcher?  And who makes this stuff?!?!?

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/device-to-convert-handguns-to-machine-guns-found-in-georgia-and-across-the-county/ar-AAWsVMJ?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=1ba9c6958ce949c3b3304ae374c392f2

Add a 100 round drum mag and now you've got something. Glad to hear it's showing up in Chicago. Maybe they can go ahead and kill each other off.
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

― Charles Bukowski

Big J

I'm pretty sure they are Chinese made and sold thru wish. Read an article about ATF trying to track a bunch down they found sold on wish.