News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

ZF1, now that a weapon's system
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Just ordered one, should be at my dealer for p/u next week.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Big J

Did you really order yourself one of those? I remember when those first came out and thinking they were the most impractical firearm invented but really wanted one for a reason I couldn't explain or justify  :laugh:

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Big J on August 29, 2021, 06:22:53 AMDid you really order yourself one of those? I remember when those first came out and thinking they were the most impractical firearm invented but really wanted one for a reason I couldn't explain or justify  :laugh:

Yea, I know, I just wanted one. If nothing else I'll keep it a while and sell it or give it away. Watch the video, the shot placement was interesting, you would think it would shoot snake eyes. My eyes are getting bad, and I don't practice with handguns enough anymore, ammo is too hard to get in most of the popular calibers. I should stick to short barreled shotguns :cheers I'm not even sure how many handguns I have. My CCC permit lets me buy as many as I want without having to get another permit. I do have to pass the background check, but that's a breeze. I'm a big supporter of the local police and the sheriff.
― Charles Bukowski

greg

I don't carry in everyday life or in the backcountry. But the increased number of bears and the fatal attack at hazel creek have me rethinking the backcountry. 90 percent o the time I'm alone. Have never had a problem but like a say considering. So what are y'all carrying in backcountry ? I have plenty of rifles and shotguns but only handgun is an old Barney fife looking smith and Wesson 38 special.

Yallerhammer

Quote from: greg on August 29, 2021, 07:01:02 AMI don't carry in everyday life or in the backcountry. But the increased number of bears and the fatal attack at hazel creek have me rethinking the backcountry. 90 percent o the time I'm alone. Have never had a problem but like a say considering. So what are y'all carrying in backcountry ? I have plenty of rifles and shotguns but only handgun is an old Barney fife looking smith and Wesson 38 special.
That .38 will probably just get you ate up. My usual carry everywhere is a Glock 23 in .40 S&W. Still weak for a bear, but with 14 Speer Gold Dots inside and 15 more in my pocket, it oughta get one off of you at arm's length range.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on August 29, 2021, 07:01:02 AMI don't carry in everyday life or in the backcountry. But the increased number of bears and the fatal attack at hazel creek have me rethinking the backcountry. 90 percent o the time I'm alone. Have never had a problem but like a say considering. So what are y'all carrying in backcountry ? I have plenty of rifles and shotguns but only handgun is an old Barney fife looking smith and Wesson 38 special.

Shoot some hot special +P in it will give you time to at least get your knife out. /"\   I'm like you,  I'm taking them a little more serious now days. I think we may have too many bears and not enough food and I think the lack of hunting pressure has given them a free ticket. This gun that I just ordered may fill a need in that area.
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Yes I figured the 38 wasn't enough. Looking online there are nothing much in stock in anything. Havnt fired a handgun in years. Thinking smaller sized 44. I'm old school probably go with revolver.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on August 29, 2021, 07:14:44 AMYes I figured the 38 wasn't enough. Looking online there are nothing much in stock in anything. Havnt fired a handgun in years. Thinking smaller sized 44. I'm old school probably go with revolver.

I think .357 with some hot ammo would be plenty. Ruger makes a solid affordable one.The problem with those hand cannons is getting the dang thing pointed back in the right direction after it's fired the first time. Nothing wrong with well made revolvers, people get too hung up on the number of rounds. If you  haven't killed or mortaly wounded and animal with 5 or 6 shots you're in real trouble anyway.
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Hell I could go with poison tipped ninja stars

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: greg on August 29, 2021, 07:39:08 AMHell I could go with poison tipped ninja stars

I don't think you would need that, I've seen photos of you. You would probably scare them to death. :P  ;D
― Charles Bukowski

greg

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on August 29, 2021, 07:58:02 AM
Quote from: greg on August 29, 2021, 07:39:08 AMHell I could go with poison tipped ninja stars

I don't think you would need that, I've seen photos of you. You would probably scare them to death. :P  ;D
:P  :P

jwgnc

I'm sitting on the deck and there's a carpenter bee looking for trouble. 

I'm going with the Bug A Salt 3.0.  you can get that Israeli ammunition cheap - kosher salt. 
Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

Woolly Bugger

Pistol once used by Billy the Kid sells for world record price

>>>The gun used to kill Billy the Kid has sold for $6 million – a world record auction price for a firearm.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The Colt single-action revolver that Sheriff Pat Garrett used to bring down the outlaw was sold to an anonymous buyer for the equivalent of £4.4 million.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime/pistol-once-used-by-billy-the-kid-sells-for-world-record-price/ar-AANQVoy?ocid=msedgntp&fullscreen=true#image=1

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: jwgnc on August 29, 2021, 09:41:59 AMI'm sitting on the deck and there's a carpenter bee looking for trouble.

I'm going with the Bug A Salt 3.0.  you can get that Israeli ammunition cheap - kosher salt.

I've got one of those electafied tennis racquets for them pest.
― Charles Bukowski