News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

They won't report those stories because it doesn't push their narrative, just like they won't report my story because it doesn't push their narrative.  They do not care about people getting shot.  They could care less about teenagers shooting each other after midnight in a city, or a dozen people getting shot in gang related incidents in Chicago. They want to report on news that tugs at the heart strings and make you think you could get shot going out in public today. 

They won't report the teacher stopping someone from kidnapping a student and trying to force entry into a school because that would put off the notion that a responsible teacher with a firearm in a school had a positive outcome. 

Big J

And while Hiner is poking and prodding and I'm pissed off about going to Disney, I'll go on to say all the politicians using the latest tragedy by a POS waste of human skin to say "thoughts and prayers aren't enough" and "when will we pass reasonable common sense gun laws?" are being so disingenuous it is mind boggling.  They are literally saying we need to pass red flag laws and universal background checks.  The shooting happened in a state that has both those laws.  Heck, you even have to have a background check to buy ammo in CA.  The shooter used handguns.  Was a 57 yo with zero criminal record that would bar him from passing a background check.  What law would you pass to stop this from happening?  Red Flag laws have been on CA's books since 2014.  The place literally had a police department attached to the building.  Cops have according to the courts zero responsibility to protect you.  Work places strip people of their ability to protect themselves.  Put no safeguards in place. 

Getting off soapbox.  I need to fish more.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on May 27, 2021, 13:25:03 PMThey want to report on news that tugs at the heart strings and make you think you could get shot going out in public today. 

They won't report the teacher stopping someone from kidnapping a student and trying to force entry into a school because that would put off the notion that a responsible teacher with a firearm in a school had a positive outcome. 

Obviously, it is working because more and more are packing, including you.  The fear of "you could get shot going out in public today" must be part of the equation.

I enjoy contrasts and comparing number of hen's teeth to vehicle count on I81.   

Let us know if Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy and Pluto are packing heat.

Common denominator = guns
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 27, 2021, 13:49:44 PMObviously, it is working because more and more are packing, including you.  The fear of "you could get shot going out in public today" must be part of the equation.

I don't live in fear of being shot.  I know there is a fraction of a percentage that I'll ever need to draw my gun in my lifetime.  But being wired the way I am, and knowing how valuable the life of my loved ones are, I like to have that option at my disposal. 

Yallerhammer

Quote from: Big J on May 27, 2021, 16:02:19 PM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on May 27, 2021, 13:49:44 PMObviously, it is working because more and more are packing, including you.  The fear of "you could get shot going out in public today" must be part of the equation.

I don't live in fear of being shot.  I know there is a fraction of a percentage that I'll ever need to draw my gun in my lifetime.  But being wired the way I am, and knowing how valuable the life of my loved ones are, I like to have that option at my disposal. 
Yep. I am not wired to be a victim, or to need some authority figure to rescue me.
Women want me, doughbellies fear me. - Little Debbie Prostaff

Big J

Big J

Favorite part is the first time he said the second amendment limited canons from ownership, he referenced the revolutionary war, which was before the second amendment existed haha

hcrum87hc

Quote from: Big J on July 01, 2021, 13:11:33 PMhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/28/bidens-false-claim-that-2nd-amendment-bans-cannon-ownership/

Four Pinocchio's for Mr. Fire Two Shots.

Yeah....it's bad when you get four Pinocchios from WaPo regarding guns.  Listening to his speech was quite frustrating.  I knew most of the stuff in the WaPo article before reading it, and it's funny, if not sad, how ignorant/misinformed Biden was in that address.
Jeremiah 17:7

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: hcrum87hc on July 02, 2021, 08:05:01 AM
Quote from: Big J on July 01, 2021, 13:11:33 PMhttps://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/06/28/bidens-false-claim-that-2nd-amendment-bans-cannon-ownership/

Four Pinocchio's for Mr. Fire Two Shots.

Yeah....it's bad when you get four Pinocchios from WaPo regarding guns.  Listening to his speech was quite frustrating.  I knew most of the stuff in the WaPo article before reading it, and it's funny, if not sad, how ignorant/misinformed Biden was in that address.

Yup, our Pres was not too sharp in these particular statements.  But compared to our last "ignorant/misinformed" chief, Biden seems like a Rhodes Scholar. 

I am the wizard of bitching and moaning; you guns-and-god folk need a tutorial.  Shoot me a PM, lessons free.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 02, 2021, 08:34:18 AMYup, our Pres was not too sharp in these particular statements.  But compared to our last "ignorant/misinformed" chief, Biden seems like a Rhodes Scholar. 

I am the wizard of bitching and moaning; you guns-and-god folk need a tutorial.  Shoot me a PM, lessons free.

Like by bringing up Trump when he wasn't even mentioned or does not pertain to the discussion?  :P 

One can criticize a statement of the standing President without making it an endorsement of Trump.  Just like how when I would criticize something Trump said or did and people claimed I was endorsing Hilary Clinton.   

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on July 02, 2021, 08:47:46 AMOne can criticize a statement of the standing President without making it an endorsement of Trump.  Just like how when I would criticize something Trump said or did and people claimed I was endorsing Hilary Clinton.   

You are a virtuous young man for your fairness and open-mindedness, and certainly merit a place in Valhalla.

Onslow

Quote from: Big J on July 02, 2021, 08:47:46 AM
Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 02, 2021, 08:34:18 AMYup, our Pres was not too sharp in these particular statements.  But compared to our last "ignorant/misinformed" chief, Biden seems like a Rhodes Scholar. 

Like by bringing up Trump when he wasn't even mentioned or does not pertain to the discussion?  :P 

One can criticize a statement of the standing President without making it an endorsement of Trump.  Just like how when I would criticize something Trump said or did and people claimed I was endorsing Hilary Clinton.   

Yes, too often folks feel as if they're some kind of moral authority for opposing someone they perceive as wrong, evil, wicked. These tendencies are obviously a product of not thinking rationally, or being impaired by oppositional defiance disorder.  America is mentally ill.

Big J

Eh, I honestly feel like people are just programmed to be on one side or the other and vilify anyone who disagrees.  The art of having a discussion, actually listen to people with varying opinions, being respectful, and knowing how to agree to disagree respectfully has truly been lost in American Society.  My world view is shaped from my walk of life and the experiences I have had. The lack of society wanting to engage the other side or even the middle in issues in culture is a real disservice to society and only furthers the wedge.  And I understand there are a lot of people out there that have some real bottom of the barrel opinions, but that really is the minority of the general public.  Unfortunately they tend to get the most attention and that perception is carried over to anyone the opposing party wants to vilify or discredit. 

Note that this is a generalization of opposing views and society and not directed at Hiner.  We both have mutual respect for each other and we have agreed to disagree respectfully on many many topics.  He was just trying to stir the pot here which I find humorous and tend to add too it at times for comic relief as well.  That Bath County VT Ivory Tower Liberal Hayseed Conundrum of a person is alright and pretty accepting of most people's quirks and beliefs.  He has to be to live in Bath County. 

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on July 02, 2021, 09:40:47 AMEh, I honestly feel like people are just programmed to be on one side or the other and vilify anyone who disagrees.  The art of having a discussion, actually listen to people with varying opinions, being respectful, and knowing how to agree to disagree respectfully has truly been lost in American Society.  My world view is shaped from my walk of life and the experiences I have had. The lack of society wanting to engage the other side or even the middle in issues in culture is a real disservice to society and only furthers the wedge.  And I understand there are a lot of people out there that have some real bottom of the barrel opinions, but that really is the minority of the general public.  Unfortunately they tend to get the most attention and that perception is carried over to anyone the opposing party wants to vilify or discredit. 

Note that this is a generalization of opposing views and society and not directed at Hiner.  We both have mutual respect for each other and we have agreed to disagree respectfully on many many topics.  He was just trying to stir the pot here which I find humorous and tend to add too it at times for comic relief as well.  That Bath County VT Ivory Tower Liberal Hayseed Conundrum of a person is alright and pretty accepting of most people's quirks and beliefs.  He has to be to live in Bath County. 

I don't know if Ken was suggesting I am mentally challenged.  If he was, then he and my wife are in agreement.  Well shit fire and save matches, I don't need someone to tell me I am missing on a cylinder or two.  I look in the mirror every morning and realize I am screwed up.

Big J is correct.  I like to stir the pot (a character defect).  I am apt to tell you that you are full of shit, then offer you a chew of Redman sugarless leaf, a hit of Captain Black from the pipe, and then invite you to stay for supper.  Big J knows how to handle my BS.  I appreciate a thick-skinned individual.

Peace.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on July 02, 2021, 15:23:11 PM
Quote from: Big J on July 02, 2021, 09:40:47 AMEh, I honestly feel like people are just programmed to be on one side or the other and vilify anyone who disagrees.  The art of having a discussion, actually listen to people with varying opinions, being respectful, and knowing how to agree to disagree respectfully has truly been lost in American Society.  My world view is shaped from my walk of life and the experiences I have had. The lack of society wanting to engage the other side or even the middle in issues in culture is a real disservice to society and only furthers the wedge.  And I understand there are a lot of people out there that have some real bottom of the barrel opinions, but that really is the minority of the general public.  Unfortunately they tend to get the most attention and that perception is carried over to anyone the opposing party wants to vilify or discredit. 

I don't know if Ken was suggesting I am mentally challenged.  If he was, then he and my wife are in agreement.  Well shit fire and save matches, I don't need someone to tell me I am missing on a cylinder or two.  I look in the mirror every morning and realize I am screwed up.

Big J is correct.  I like to stir the pot (a character defect).  I am apt to tell you that you are full of shit, then offer you a chew of Redman sugarless leaf, a hit of Captain Black from the pipe, and then invite you to stay for supper.  Big J knows how to handle my BS.  I appreciate a thick-skinned individual.

Peace.

No, I'm not referring to you Stephen, the public face of America.